Tentative Impact Parent Schedule 2014
This schedule is based off of the 2013 Impact Parent Schedule, and is mostly for the purpose of being able to see what events are held during Impact. It is subject to changes while we plan and prepare for the upcoming Impact. Check back with us next summer for an updated schedule.
Thursday, August 14
9:00 am Residence Halls open for move in
9:00 am - 6:00 pm IMPACT check in and registration in the BENSON AUDITORIUM LOBBY
[Students MUST check in with us to receive schedule, packet and meal pass for Impact]
Friday, August 15
9:00 am Convocation in the Benson Auditorium with students
10:00 am-2:30 pm Hospitality Room open for relaxation, refreshments and your chance to enter a drawing for Walmart gift cards!
Located in the Liberty Room (Heritage Center)
Compliments of Alumni, Parent Relations and Associated Women for Harding
10:00 am Parent Session ONE - Heritage Auditorium (1st Floor of Heritage Center)
Featuring different topics than those showcased at Stampede
- Heirs of a Great Legacy - Dr. Mike Williams; VP of Advancement
- Transitions - Tyler Gentry; Student Association President
- Getting Involved - Bisons for Christ and the Rock House - Todd Gentry; College and Outreach Minister
11:15 am Open House and light lunch at "The Rock House"
Located on the corner of Grand St
12:00 pm Lunch (On your own)
Be sure to get your HUPA & HUGS card in the Parent Session for discounts in the cafeteria and food court.
1:00 pm Parent Session TWO - Cone Chapel (2nd Floor of Heritage Center)
- 1:00 pm - "Parent to Parent" - Dr. Bruce McLarty; President
- 1:10 pm - "The Four F's at Harding that you want Your Student to Get!" - Liz Howell; Dir of Alumni and Parent Relations
- 1:30 pm - Student Panel
- 2:00 pm - Break (Make sure to visit the Hospitality Room and register for Walmart gift cards
General Information Session repeated from Stampede
- 2:15 pm - Health Services - Lynn McCarty; Director
- 2:30 pm - Public Safety - Craig Russell; Director
- 2:45 pm - Business Office - Molly Douglas; Director
- 3:00 pm - IS&T (Technology Needs) - Lora Fleener; Director
- 3:15 pm - Financial Aid - Jay Simpson; Assistant Director
5:00 pm-7:00 pm Parent Dinner in Cafeteria (casual dress)
Join us for dinner compliments of Harding!
Keynote speaker - Andrew Baker; Director for Mitchell Center
7:00 pmDevotional and worship in the Benson Auditorium - Logan Light; Director of Campus Life
8:00 pm Comedian and Magician Lyndy Phillips in the Benson Auditorium
Humorous stories, comedy sleight of hand, and tons of audience participation.