News - Fall 2013
Who Is in the MMIN Program
The majority of our MMIN students are full-time ministers who apply our course contents to their present ministry to bless hundreds of people. The balance of our students are those preparing themselves for a career change, or are bi-vocational ministers, or current shepherds of churches. We currently have students living in 22 states and 2 foreign countries. The Master of Ministry started in fall 2004 and now has 43 alumni of the program serving the Lord in 16 states and 2 foreign countries.
What Are MMIN Students Saying About the MMIN Program?
- The MMIN program allows me to further my education while working in full-time ministry in a way that other programs cannot. The curriculum is relevant and challenging and helps me to be a better minister of the gospel.
- The MMIN program is comprised of highly spiritual men and women who are dedicated to Christ and His work!
- The master of ministry program is very practical for leaders and laity alike. It has truly armed me with essentials critical for responsible leadership in the Lord’s church.
- MMIN prepares the students to do church the way the Lord intends.
- Exceptionally practical and applicable to ministry.
- The MMIN program has better equipped me to share God and expand His kingdom. It has also directed me in learning more about God’s will as it pertains to my life and the direct call to discipleship and Christian community.
- The quality of the professors and their dedication to teaching the word is so valuable for those in the ministry. Mentors rather than lecturers.
Our annual on-campus gathering of students was held January 7-12, 2013. We offered two classes: MMIN 611 Theological Foundations for Ministry taught by Dr. Bill Richardson and MMIN 621 Christian Ministry in Contemporary Culture taught by Dr. Scott Adair. These two classes are core courses of the MMIN degree program and are required of all students. We ask all students in the 48 contiguous states of the U. S. to come to campus for two J-Mester experiences. This was our fifth J-Mester and we had 20 students on campus to enjoy a wonderful time of study, fellowship, and renewal plus 3 more were in the classes virtually from a distance.
What Are MMIN Students Saying About the J-mester Experience?
- Great job teaching class! I appreciate the teacher’s knowledge, passion and compassion in teaching the word of God.
- Very insightful and encouraging.
- Face to face interaction with some of the country’s best professors.
- The J-Mester class establishes a relationship with the students in such a short time that feels like it has been nurtured for a lifetime.
- Culture class was great. I have been so humbled by the knowledge of God that has been poured out there.
- J-Mester will change you first and subsequently the way you approach ministry.
- The J-Mester experience was fabulous. The interaction with the instructors and fellow students has deepened my understanding of the word and of my role as a minister of the gospel.
Registration for spring 2014 classes will open in November. Dr. Richardson serves as advisor for all MMIN students. If you have questions about your schedule or the courses available, please contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org or call our office at 501-279-4252.