Admission & Application
Admissions requirements and standards are designed to ensure scholastic success in the professional program. Selecting a candidate for the future practice of physical therapy involves many important factors.
- Completion of bachelor’s degree with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 and a minimum science grade point average of 3.0.
- A TOEFL score of 550 (if the applicant is an international student whose first language is not English)
- Participation in an onsite interview
- 100 hours of observation in a variety of physical therapy settings
- Completion of the GRE
- Completion all prerequisite coursework (see below)
- Three (3) letters of recommendation (character and/or academic)
- All application materials, prerequisite coursework, and volunteer experience must be completed by the end of the spring semester prior to beginning the program.
|General Biology (for Biology majors recommended)|
|Zoology highly recommended|
|Anatomy & Physiology 1|
|Will accept 4 hours of physiology and 4 hours of vertebrate or human anatomy|
|Anatomy & Physiology 2|
|Upper Level Animal Based Biology. This needs to be a junior or senior level course taken in the biology department of a four year university.|
|Histology, upper level (junior or senior level) cell biology or Genetics recommended; Lab preferred|
|General Chemistry 1|
Will accept organic chemistry or biochemistry.
|General Chemistry 2|
|General Physics 1|
|General Physics 2|
|College Algebra , Trigonometry or Calculus|
|Psychology statistics, biostatistics, or math statistics accepted|
|Hours determined by those offered at applicant’s undergraduate institution|
Requirements following Admission
All applicants are required to submit the PTCAS application via the PTCAS website: www.ptcas.org Students will need to go to this web site and complete the web application and submit PTCAS application fees, send official transcripts from each university attended, and official GRE scores.
Note: Submission of a completed application does not guarantee an interview, selection or admission into the Program.