Cannon-Clary College of Education
Master of Arts: Excellence in Teaching
What is the Master of Arts: Excellence in Teaching (MA:ET) program?
The MA:ET program is designed with your needs in mind. With this program, practitioners who want to make a difference in the education of their students can remain in the classroom while improving their skills as teachers. Through its design, you can continue your growth as a professional educator while selecting courses that are of interest to your unique situations and aspirations.
What courses are required?
The MA:ET program consists of 35 graduate hours. These hours consist of a required core of 18 hours, a 2 hour Bible class and then 15 hours of electives chosen by YOU!
For current course schedules, please see the Semester Course Schedules on the Graduate Programs home page.
This program does NOT require comprehensive exams but does require a valid teaching license.
For additional information about this program, you may want to consult the Catalog. First select the desired Academic Catalog year, then select the Cannon-Clary College of Education from the Directory. The Graduate Program Information will be found half way down the page under Cannon-Clary College of Education Graduate.
What are the admission requirements?
1. Complete application pdf with application fee.
2. Hold an undergraduate degree with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 for unconditional admission or 2.35 for provisional admission. All official transcripts must be submitted.
3. Be admitted to the graduate school and the MA:ET program.
4. Hold a valid teaching license, a copy of which must be presented at the time of application.
5. Counsel with the chair of graduate study or the program coordinator concerning course study.
What are the graduation requirements?
1. You must complete the 35-hour program of study.
2. You must have a cumulative GPA of 3.00 in all graduate work with no grade lower than C.
3. You may have a maximum of two C's.
4. You must complete a minimum of 29 hours of your graduate work with Harding University.
5. You must complete all requirements within eight years from the time of admission to the graduate program.
6. Complete the Petition for Graduation Form pdf the semester before you expect to graduate.
Who do I contact for more information?
As always, if you have any questions, please feel free to contact us!
Dr. Steve Warren, Director of MA:ET Program