“Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written: ‘For your sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.’ Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him that loved us. For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord”
Degrees, Licenses & Certificates:
- PhD, University of Mississippi, 1975
- MA, St. Mary’s University, 1970
- BA, California State University, 1966
Academic Positions Held:
- Professor, Harding University, 1971 to present
- Adjunct Professor, Southeaster School of Banking, Vanderbilt University, 1999-2000
- Graduate Faculty, Harding University, 1999
- Economics Institute for Teachers, 1997-99
- Adjunct Professor, Midsouth School of Banking, 1989-2005
- Adjunct Professor, Pepperdine University, 1980-82
- Adjunct Professor, Evening Division, Arkansas State University, 1972-84
- Adjunct Professor, Webster University, 1982 - present
- United States Air Force
- Squadron Commander
- Senior Training Officer
- Administrative Officer (Air Training Command), 1968-71
- Squadron Section Commander (Strategic Air Command), 1966-68
- Officer Training School (OTS), 1966
- Accountant, Management Trainee, Southern California Edison Co.
- Congressional testimony provided on business problems, economic impact statements, inflation-recession dilemmas.
- Economic Humorist—speaker for conventions, management clubs, chambers, stockholders meetings, commencements.
Recognition and Honors:
- Inducted into Students In Free Enterprise Hall of Fame, Kansas City, MO
- The Freedoms Foundation of Valley Forge presented the George Washington Honor Medal for ATo The Flag--Out Banner of Liberty@ (1991).F
- First Annual Distinguished Scholar Award, Presented by the Association of Private Enterprise Education, Cleveland, Ohio, 1988.
- Free Enterprise program named Seventh in the nation foundation to a poll of college executives conducted by the John Templeton Foundation and the Foundation for Economic Education, Irving on the Hudson, NY, 1991.
- The Freedoms Foundation Leavey Award for Excellence in Private Enterprise Education and a trip to Valley Forge to receive the award (1981).
- Faculty award for sponsoring a First Place Winner in an essay contest judged by Nobel Economist Milton Friedman. (1983).
- Fifteen Freedoms Foundation honor awards and George Washington medals in the categories of Economic Education, and Platform Address (1977-1990).
- National Flag Foundation's New Constellation Award (1990) for a booklet entitled, "To the Flag--Our Banner of Liberty" (1989).
- Designated as a Sam Walton Free Enterprise Fellow by Wal-Mart Foundation (1992-present).
- Six bronze award plaques from the Board of Directors of the Arkansas State as State Chamber of Commerce and its affiliate Associate Industries, for bringing national Economics Team championships to Arkansas.
- "Capitalism Corps" Economics Teams have won first place in national Students in Free Enterprise (SIFE) competitions in 1980, 1981, 1982, 1984, 1985, and 1987. They were runners-up in 1979, 1983, 1988 and 1989.
- Received positive reviews and commendations in the annual reports of the United States Industrial Council and the National Federation for Independent Business.
- "Certificate of Appreciation" for service to the Armed Forces of the United States by Richard M. Nixon, Commander in Chief, June 28, 1971.
- Air Force Commendation Medal for Meritorious Service (1971).
- Outstanding Unit Award, U.S. Air Force (1969).
- National Defense Service Medal (1966).
COBA and University Committees:
- COBA Executive Committee
- COBA Assessment Team
- Sponsor of Economics Team
- Sponsor of Phi Beta Lambda
- Principles of Macroeconomics
- Principles of Microeconomics
- Comparative Economic Systems
- Economic History of the United States
- Intermediate Macroeconomics
- Applied Economic Theory for Business
- Intermediate Microeconomics
- Governor’s Council of Economic Advisors, 1998 to present
- Board of Directors for Arkansas Council on Economic Education, 1998 to present
- Listed in Guide to Public Policy Experts, published by the Heritage Foundation, 1992 to present
- Association of Private Enterprise Education (Charter Member, 1977)
- International Platform Association, 1988
- Alpha Chi National Honor Society
- Delta Mu Delta National Honor Society
- Member of local, state and U.S. Chambers of Commerce
- Chairman, Senior Adults Ministry, College church of Christ
- Deacon, College church of Christ, 1987 to present
- Youth Services Committee, College church of Christ
- Benevolence Committee, College church of Christ
- Foster Care Committee, College church of Christ
- Office and Records Committee, College church of Christ