"Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."
I Thessalonians 5:16-18
Degrees, Licenses & Certificates:
- Ph.D, Regent University, 2013
- MBA, Harding University, 2005
- BBA, Harding University, 1994
Academic Positions Held:
- Academic Chair, Graduate School of Business, Harding University, 2014-Present
- Director, Center for Business Professional Studies, Harding University, 2008-2013
- Associate Professor of Business, Harding University, 2014
- Assistant Professor of Business, Harding University, 2008-2013
- Director-Center for Adult & Extended Education, Harding University, 2007-2008
- Associate Director of Admissions, Harding University, 1996-2007
- Staff Accountant, Miller, England & Co., 1996
COBA and University Committees:
- COBA Executive Committee
- COBA Assessment Committee
- Financial Aid Committee
- Management Skills & Analysis
- Managing People & Organizations
- Deacon, College Church of Christ
- Campaign Chair, United Way of White County, 2014-2015
- Board, United Way of White County, 2012- Present
- Metheny, G.A. (2012). Christian Stewardship. Gospel Advocate, 154(8), 34-35.
- Metheny, G.A. (2013). The Value of Leading from the Middle. Leadership Advance Online, XXIII, 1-7.
- Metheny, G.A., Winston, B., West, B., & Woods, A. (2014). Faculty Participation in Decision Making's Impact on Job Satisfaction in Faith Based Institutions. Journal of Research on Higher Education. In process.
- Metheny, G.A. (June, 2013). Ethics and the Millennial. Presentation at the Christian Scholars Conference, Nashville, Tennessee, June 6-8, 2013.
- Metheny, G.A. (March, 2012). The Critical and Creative Thinking Process with an HRD Perspective. Presentation at the Autonomous Learning World Caucus, Oxford, England.
- Metheny, G.A. (May, 2012). Critical Thinking: An Empirical Examination? Presentation at the Conclave for Leadership Research and Analysis, Regent University, May 11-13, 2012.