Lesson 3: WHAT THE WORLD NEEDS NOW
WE NEED CHURCHES TO SEND OUT TEAMS TO PLANT CLUSTERS OF INDIGENOUS CHURCHES AMONG RECEPTIVE PEOPLE GROUPS AND CITIES OF THE WORLD, CHURCHES WITH ENOUGH RESOURCES TO EVANGELIZE TO THE FRINGES OF THEIR GROUP OR CITY AND BEYOND.
1. Why teams? Because they are practical and biblical.
2. But are they worth the expense and potential problems?
1. As opposed to a focus on individual converts.
2. In clusters, formed through web and people movements.
3. Indigenous, i.e. locally owned and operated, so that converts are not unnecessarily alienated from their own culture.
1. Because we're looking for fields where God has prepared a
2. Because Jesus gives priority to those who are seeking Him.
3. Yes, but . . .
a. Receptivity is relative. True. How responsive must people be to justify staying? How long do we wait?
b. We shouldn't emphasize numbers. Neither should we glorify smallness.
c. We should respect the call of God in the lives of His servants. Amen!
d. We should blanket the earth with missionaries according to population. But we have a limited number of workers, therefore, we will be selective, but based on what criteria?