Certificate of Completion in Christian Ministry
The Certificate of Completion in Christian Ministry is designed to provide continuing education opportunities in Bible with an emphasis on ministry. Focus of study includes learning strategies for evangelism, skills for intercultural evangelism, skills for biblical interpretation, and biblical paradigms for Christian marriage and parenting.
The certificate is credible.
- All courses in the certificate program are for credit. Harding University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
- All courses are taught by qualified faculty with appropriate academic credentials and professional experience.
- All the curriculum requirements have been selected and approved by the College of Bible and Ministry.
The certificate is affordable.
- Tuition is affordable, especially for students qualifying for the Distance Bible Scholarship (up to 50% off tuition).
- Harding's distance Bible courses are affordable when compared to distance courses at other institutions.
- By taking courses online, students save significant transportation costs.
The certificate is meaningful.
- Collegiate studies in Bible help students develop a stronger faith and a closer walk with God.
- Distance Bible courses allow students to apply their learning immediately in "real-world" settings.
- The certificate is awarded upon the completion of 24 semester hours of college-level training. See the Harding catalog or call the Center for Distance Education in Bible and Ministry for more details of the requirements.
- All credit earned may be transferred to other institutions of higher learning. Students enrolled at other institutions should inquire from their registrar's office the details of how Harding's Bible courses may be accepted.
- Students with an undergraduate degree may use the certificate training as leveling or preparatory work toward graduate programs in Bible and ministry, such as the Master of Ministry or the Master of Arts in Christian Ministry offered by Harding University.
Contact: The Center for Distance Education in Bible and Ministry; call 501-279-4448 or email:email@example.com.
Steps for enrollment
1. Download and submit the application for admissions to Harding's admissions office.
2. Send college or high school transcripts to Harding's admissions office.
3. Pay $50 admissions fee at the admissions office.
4. Complete a character reference on the admissions website.
5. Once admitted to Harding, contact DormNET, 501-279-4545 for login information for Canvas (online classroom), Google Apps (Harding email), and Pipeline (student accounts and records). All official Harding correspondence will be sent via the students' Harding email address. Admitted students may also activate their accounts for Harding's system on Pipeline's login page. Go to pipeline.harding.edu.
6. Contact the Center for Distance Education in Bible and Ministry to initiate the registration process: 501-279-4448 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
How much does this program cost?
Qualifying students receive a 50% Distance Bible Scholarship. For current tuition rates, click the admissions office or call the Center for Distance Education in Bible and Ministry, 501-279-4448.
What courses do you have?
Click Course Schedule for current semester schedules.
How long does it take to complete the certificate?
Students may select available courses at their own pace to accommodate their own needs and time considerations. It is not recommended that students take more than two classes per semester.
What kind of computer do I need for online courses?
Harding uses the Canvas learning management system for online courses. Canvas is compatible with Microsoft operating systems as well as with Macintosh computers. A high speed internet connection is recommended. Canvas supports the Firefox browser, thus it is recommended that students use Firefox as their Internet browser.
Can I earn a Bible degree from Harding online?
Harding does not offer an undergraduate degree online. The Certificate of Completion, however, may provide the necessary leveling for graduate programs in Bible, religion or theology at other institutions.
The MMIN degree can be earned at a distance. See the Master of Ministry website for more information.