Vision and Mission
The vision of the Cannon-Clary College of Education embodies all that God would have us to be as Christians engaged in touching the lives of people. We see ourselves and our task as part of a larger mission to change lives of people through learning and serving. To this end, the mission of the Cannon-Clary College of Education is to equip and sustain reflective, life-long learners who are competent, confident, compassionate, and courageous professionals, who, in turn, will inspire and enable those they serve.
By following this vision and its accompanying mission, the Cannon-Clary College of Education strives to develop principled professionals who possess the knowledge, skills, and disposition to:
- Integrate their faith, learning, and living to serve their communities as models and mentors for moral and ethical leadership.
- Respect and recognize variance in those they serve and have knowledge and skills to accommodate those variances.
- Develop critical thinking skills within those they serve so they can make responsible choices about their learning and behavior.
- Challenge themselves to grow professionally through rigorous study, reading, reflection, and research.
- Possess superior knowledge of the discipline(s) they teach or practice as well as a general knowledge of all disciplines.
- Seek to establish collegial relationships for meaningful collaboration.
- Effectively use and apply emerging technologies in changing environments.
- Possess skills which enable them to effectively serve in a variety of settings.
All programs leading to licensure have been approved by the Arkansas Department of Education and by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation.