STEM Center for Math &
The goal of the STEM Center for Math and Science Education is to meet the needs of P-12 math and science teachers through professional development, graduate classes, and hands-on training.
The center trains with materials that support mathematics and science education standards and provides network sessions for them to share their experiences. A wide range of math and science materials are available for checkout and classroom use. The STEM Center for Math & Science Education serves teachers by providing access to resources, materials and professional development.
Classes and Workshops
Some workshop topics include:
|Next Generation Science Standards
||Common Core State Standards
|MDC - Mathematics Design Collaborative
|| LDC - Literacy Design Collaborative
|FOSS/DSM||Analysis of Standardized Test Results|
|Curriculum Mapping||Curriculum Alignment|
|GeoGebra Professional Development
|Instructional Strategies||Multimedia Training
|Other workshops to fit your needs|
Materials Available to Check Out
After clicking on the link below choose the Math and Science Dept link. A search by keyword or subject will likely yield the best results.Online Catalog of Materials
- Kits and manipulatives can be checked out for two weeks at a time.
- Only two manipulative sets and science kits may be checked out at a time.
Grant Programs Received
- STEM -- Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (Funded by Arkansas Science and Technology Authority, National Science Foundation, and Winthrop Rockefeller Foundation
- MSP - Mathematical Science Program
- MIS - Mathematics Instructional Specialist
- SIS - Science Instructional Specialist
Center for Math & Science Education
Box 12254 Searcy, AR 72149-2254
Dr. Lewis "Tony" Finley