Mission & Accreditation
The mission of the Department of Engineering and Physics is to prepare Christian professionals to assume engineering and physics leadership roles to improve the quality of life for individuals and society.To accomplish this mission the faculty of the Department of Engineering and Physics is committed to:
- Attracting highly talented and motivated students to the Engineering and Physics professions.
- Developing relevant technical skills in our students.
- Developing communication and teamwork skills in our students.
- Raising awareness of professional and ethical responsibilities to society.
- Instilling a desire and ability for life-long learning in our students.
The engineering department at Harding has students pursuing undergraduate degrees in Biomedical, Computer, Electrical, and Mechanical Engineering as well as Physics. Elements of mathematics, physical science, engineering science, engineering design, and Christian ethics are interwoven to provide a balanced education in the fundamentals of the profession. The various degree programs are described in detail in the pages of this site.
The Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Mechanical Engineering programs are accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET).
The educational objectives of the Harding University Computer, Electrical, and Mechanical Engineering Programs are the following:
- Our graduates will be successfully employed in engineering fields related to their area of study or other professional fields.
- Our graduate will be leaders advancing professionally in their career.
- Our graduates will be engaged in life-long learning.