Interlibrary Loan Services
There are two ways to get books and articles from other libraries - through Interlibrary Requests or with an ArkLink card.
- allows faculty, staff and students to check out materials from participating Arkansas libraries.
- allows faculty, staff and students to obtain materials not owned by Brackett Library. Use these links to initiate requests.
Loan Requests (Books, Audio-visual)
To request the loan of a book or audio/visual material, there are three options:
- Go to WorldCat, find the item needed, then use the ILL button to request it.
- If you already know which item you want but cannot locate it on WorldCat, use a blank form.
- If you need a book from the graduate school in Memphis (HST), find the book in the library catalog and use the "Make a Request" button to access the "Request from a Harding branch library" form.
(Note: There is a fee for students of $1.00 per loaned item. Payment will be collected when material is picked up.)
Copy Requests (Articles, essays, chapters)
For a journal article that is not available in our holdings, you may wish to use the red ILL button while browsing through records in PowerSearch or one of our databases. This is the easiest way to request a copy and ensure that we have the proper citation information for a source.
If you already know the citation information for journal article, book chapter, essay, conference proceeding, or any other specified range of pages from a work, you may request a photocopy using our blank form.
(Note: There is a fee for students of $0.10 per page for photocopies. Payment will be collected when material is picked up.)
Distance Education Student Requests
If you are a Distance Education Student or Faculty who is never (or rarely) physically on a Harding campus, please use the Distance Education Request Forms.
To check on the status of your interlibrary requests, log on to your library account. NOTE: Requests will take one working day to show up in your account.
Please consult our library policies information page on specific policies relating to Interlibrary Loan.