September 11, 2012
University announces transition committee
President David B. Burks has announced the implementation of a transition committee to plan and develop transition activities as the University prepares to announce its fifth president.
The following members were named to the committee:
- Larry Long, co-chair, provost
- David Crouch, co-chair, director of public relations
- David Collins, vice president of student life
- Dean Priest, distinguished professor of mathematics
- Liz Howell, assistant to the president for parent and alumni relations
- Greg Harnden, director of athletics
- Liza Wright, President’s Council chairperson
- Will Waldron, senior physics major from La Vergne, Tenn., student body president
The transition committee will serve as key communicators about presidential schedules, campus events, search committee updates and board communication. They plan to create an outreach plan for faculty, staff and students and communicate with them regularly.
In addition, the committee will be responsible for planning celebratory events and will help in planning events for the new president and the inauguration ceremony.