The standards for admission to the Carr College of Nursing, MSN program are:
1. A baccalaureate degree in nursing with an upper division nursing major from a nursing program accredited by a nursing accreditation body and from a regionally accredited college or university, or an equivalent degree from a comparable foreign institution.
2. Undergraduate grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or greater on a 4.0 scale. If the GPA is below 3.0, conditional acceptance may be considered.
3. Satisfactory completion of basic inferential statistics, health assessment, and nursing research courses; each completed with a final letter grade of "C" or higher.
4. A minimum score of 400 on the Miller Analogies Test (MAT) or a total of at least 295 on the verbal and quantitative portions of the Graduate Record Exam (GRE). Students with lesser scores may be considered for conditional admission if the GPA is 3.0 or above.
5. If the applicant was not born in the United States or in a country where English is not the official language, the applicant may document their English proficiency based on the following criteria:
a. An official TOEFL iBT composite score of at least 83 with a minimum speaking requirement of 26/30 of 90%. The test must have been taken within the last calendar year of admission. An official TOEFL exam score report reflecting successful completion must be received no later than the application date. The TOEFL iBT can be taken in the Harding University Testing Office. The test is an expense to the student. Please contact that office for details at 501-279-4415 or online at www.harding.edu/testing.
6. Unencumbered current, compact or state R.N. license.
7. Proof of 2000 hours of work experience as an R.N. before registering for any practicum course.
8. Evidence of meeting health related requirements is required.
9. Evidence of current health and liability insurance maintained throughout the program.
10. Evidence of current CPR for health care providers maintained throughout the program.
Applications for admission to the graduate program will be considered when all materials are collected to a centralized application source, and a $50 application fee to the Carr College of Nursing has been submitted.
Click here for Clinical Requirements for Admission.
Back to Top