Credit Information for WINGS Seminar
WHEN: Students can take this seminar on February 21-22, 2014.
WHERE: This seminar will take place in the Heritage Center, Harding University.
WHO: Any female who is already enrolled at Harding University, or any other female who qualifies as a special student, is eligible to take the seminar for credit. It is important to remember, however, that each student is responsible for verifying with her advisor that the one-hour seminar satisfies the requirements for her degree plan. It is also important to remember that a ministry seminar does not meet the general education requirements for graduation.
HOW: To receive credit for this seminar, the student must enroll for the course before attending the seminar. This means that the student must include the seminar on her schedule at the time of enrollment or officially add the course to her schedule prior to attending the seminar. This one-hour seminar will cost the same amount as Harding University’s usual tuition. All Meals are included.
1. Enroll before attending the seminar with the registrar.
2. Physical presence at all sessions of the seminar. (50%)
3. Prepare a portfolio with the following materials:
A. Your own typed notes of each session. (10%)
B. A two page doubled spaced paper that explains how the material you have studied can be used to improve your life and the lives of those around you. Pay careful attention to spelling, grammar, style and form. (10%)
C. Write a five page, double spaced paper on your choice of three topics: (30%)
1. “Keeping Your Balance in a Plate Spinning World”
2. “Pots, Potters, and Clay”
3. “Broken China: A Metaphor of Broken Lives”
4. All assignments are due Friday, March 21, 2014. Turn in at the Counseling Center (501-279-4347), McInteer 313 to Dr. Sherry Pollard.