Admission & Application
Admissions requirements and standards are designed to ensure scholastic success in the professional program. Selecting a candidate for the future practice of physical therapy involves many important factors.
- Completion of bachelor’s degree with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 and a minimum science grade point average of 3.0.
- A TOEFL score of 550 (if the applicant is an international student whose first language is not English)
- Participation in an onsite interview
- 100 hours of observation in a variety of physical therapy settings
- Completion of the GRE
- Completion all prerequisite coursework (see below)
- Three (3) letters of recommendation (character and/or academic)
- All application materials, prerequisite coursework, and volunteer experience must be completed by the end of the spring semester prior to beginning the program.
|General Biology (for Biology majors recommended)|
|Zoology highly recommended|
|Anatomy & Physiology 1|
|Will accept 4 hours of physiology and 4 hours of vertebrate or human anatomy|
|Anatomy & Physiology 2|
|Upper Level Animal Based Biology. This needs to be a junior or senior level course taken in the biology department of a four year university.|
|Histology, upper level (junior or senior level) cell biology or Genetics recommended; Lab preferred|
|General Chemistry 1|
Will accept organic chemistry or biochemistry.
|General Chemistry 2|
|General Physics 1|
|General Physics 2|
|College Algebra , Trigonometry or Calculus|
|Psychology statistics, biostatistics, or math statistics accepted|
|Hours determined by those offered at applicant’s undergraduate institution|
Requirements following Admission
Note: Submission of a completed application does not guarantee an interview, selection or admission into the Program.
Note: Applications for the Fall 2015 is closed. Application for Fall 2016 will be available September 2015.
Mail Application and $50 application fee to:
Student Affairs and Admissions
Searcy, AR 72149-5615