Center for World Missions
Missions Training Village
A campus dedicated to equipping Christians with skills to serve around the world by providing introductory experience in cross-cultural service and hands-on missionary training.
Development Ministry 3020 (BMIS 3020)
- You can take BMIS 3020 for 3 credits of Bible* AND Global Literacy**
- You can take BMIS 3020 for 0 credit (Just for the missions training and experience)
- Whether you take it for credit or no credit, there is a course fee of $395 which covers food(Oh the food!), housing, and educational materials
- The course runs the whole time of intersession (Immediately after Spring semester), during which you are living at/in the HUT global village during the entirety class.
* This does NOT mean you do not have to take a Bible class the following semester. Accreditation requires that all students take at least one Bible class EVERY fall and spring semester.
** Most students require at least 6 hours of global literacy credits to graduate. However, if you have taken a BMIS global literacy class before, HUT will not count further towards that 6 hour requirement.
Short Term HUT Experience
Throughout the year, HUT hosts MANY different groups for short term, often weekend, experiences. These groups range from retreats and youth groups, to university classes and missions organization groups. Each experience is different and tailored to the goals of each group. For example, a youth group planning to go to Honduras will learn more about culture, while a university nursing class will learn more about medical needs of the world.
WARNING: A weekend experience is known to change world views, perspectives and attitudes.
Common side effects include: compassion, deeper understanding and appreciation of life, and a drive to serve.
For more information, contact us at HUT@harding.edu or call 501-279-5138