Graduate School of Business
Accelerated Dual Degrees
ACCELERATED DUAL DEGREES
The Graduate School of Business allows currently enrolled undergradduate students to complete a bachelor’s and a master's degree together in five years or less. Students with a minimum of 90 hrs and a 3.0 GPA in the undergraduate level can launch into the master's program before graduation and receive dual credit for select courses, thus accelerating their track through the master’s program.
Undergraduate coursework will be completed on campus at Harding University during traditional semesters. Graduate coursework will be completed online in an 8-week block format or with on-ground dual-listed courses.
Accelerated dual degrees are available:
- Bachelor of Business Administration-MBA
- Bachelor of Business Administration-MSIS
- Bachelor of Arts in Computer Science-MSIS
- Bachelor of Arts in Film-MBA
Benefits and Outcomes:
- Save tuition dollars while transitioning seamlessly from general education to professional preparation.
- Engage in hybrid learning through online flexibility and interactive on-ground delivery.
- Accelerate your professional advancement by starting a career with a master's degree.
Attention Accounting Majors:
Add an MBA or MSIS to your resume and complete the 150 hours required to sit for the CPA exam.
When to Apply
Admission for dual enrollment is available to students who have completed at least 90 undergraduate hours and have a 3.0 GPA or above. Students should talk to their undergraduate academic advisor about timing the MSIS application and entry point.Apply for BBA-MSIS sessions by the following dates:
Spring 2021 Block 1: December 18, 2020
Spring 2021 Block 2: March 5, 2021
Summer 2021: May 28, 2021
Fall 2021 Block 1: August 13, 2021
Fall 2021 Block 2: October 8, 2021
How to Apply
Harding University Graduate School of Business is participating in the Business Centralized Application Service (BusinessCAS).
- Preferred browsers are Google Chrome or Firefox
- Online application customer service: 617-926-0504 or BusinessCAS@liaisoncas.com.
- Complete the Harding Dual Degree application in BusinessCAS; submit applicable fees
- Request one letter of recommendation in BusinessCAS from a Harding College of Business faculty member
- Upload one writing sample in BusinessCAS if English is not your first language
- An official Harding transcript is NOT required of current students
Additional Requirement for International Students
- TOEFL scores, as applicable. TOEFL CODE: B888 (See additional information below.)
Admission to the Harding University Graduate School of Business is determined on an individual basis. The applicant must:
- Be a currently enrolled Harding University student in the College of Business
- Have completed 90 undergraduate hours (approved)
- Have maintained an undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher (on a 4.0 scale)
About additional documents for international students
Harding University requires all international applicants for whom English is not the first language or who have not graduated from an American university to take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). TOEFL results for international students should be 550 PBT, 213 CBT or 80 iBT minimum score (no older than five years) or demonstrated performance at a U.S. institution of higher learning.
TOEFL CODE: B888
Program Structure & Schedules
Request for Information
The Graduate School of Business is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP)which is a leading specialized accreditation association for business education supporting, celebrating, and rewarding teaching excellence.
The association embraces the virtues of teaching excellence and emphasizes to students that it is essential to learn how to learn. ACBSP accredits business, accounting, and business-related programs at the associate, baccalaureate, master, and doctorate degree levels worldwide. Recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) in 2001 and again in 2011, ACBSP was the first to offer specialized business accreditation at all degree levels.
**Currently, only the MBA program is approved under the accreditation. As the other GSB programs are new to the College of Business, they have not yet gone through the accreditation process by ACBSP but will be forthcoming.