Cannon-Clary College of Education
Educational Specialist in Educational Leadership
WHAT IS THE EDUCATIONAL SPECIALIST IN EDUCATIONAL LEADERSHIP?
If you are interested in serving as a superintendent or assistant superintendent, then this program is for you. The Educational Specialist degree in Educational Leadership at the district level will also grant you district level administrator licensure following successful completion of the School Superintendent Assessment (SSA) and a year of building level administrator experience.
Admission Requirements & Part B Checklist
1. Maintain a minimum cumulative 3.00 GPA in all graduate work with no grade lower than C.
2. Complete an internship in district administration.
3. Complete a specialist project.
4. Compile and present a professional portfolio over Arkansas and national accreditation standards.
5. Pass written comprehensive exams.
6. Complete the Petition for Graduation pdf the semester before you expect to graduate.
7. Complete on Online Graduation Application.
The Ed.S. in Educational Leadership program consists of 30 hours, including a 3-hour internship and a 1-hour Specialist Project.
If you are not interested in obtaining the full Ed.S. degree, you may be interested in the District Level (Superintendent's) Licensure program of study. See our Endorsements for more info.