Cannon-Clary College of Education
Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction
WHAT IS THE MASTER OF EDUCATION IN CURRICULUM AND INSTRUCTION?
The M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction will grant you Curriculum Program Administrator licensure in either Curriculum or Special Education. If you want to be a part of curriculum development for the district or a special education supervisor, the M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction is for you!
Apply Now (Spring 2020)
APPLY NOW (Beginning Summer 2020)
Admission Requirements and Part B Checklist (Spring 2020)
Admission Requirements (Beginning Summer 2020)
- Complete the CAS application and submit appropriate fee.
- Request official transcripts (required) from all colleges attended and have them sent to GradCAS.
- GradCAS Transcript Processing Center
PO Box 9217
Watertown, MA 02471
- To expedite a review of your application, you may upload unofficial transcripts.
- Note: An alumnus of Harding University does not need to request an HU transcript; records are on file. You can bypass this requirement in the Academic History quadrant.
- GradCAS Transcript Processing Center
- Request two professional or academic letters of recommendation from individuals who can address the following:
- 1) Your potential for success in the selected graduate program
- 2) Your professional and academic background
- Request one letter of recommendation from the principal be sent through the CAS recommender portal. The letter must be on official school letterhead with a signature or an email with the school district designation in the email signature and specifically address the three areas below:
- Principal’s support for applicant’s participation in the program
- Statement that the applicant is performing at a level of an effective educator
- Statement or a list of examples of the applicant’s leadership abilities
- Upload a copy of your current educator license.
- Upload a copy of your Measles, Mumps and Rubella (MMR) record.
- Upload a resume in the Supporting Information tab.
- Upload documentation of at least one year of teaching experience(ex. copy of your signed teaching contract, a letter on official letterhead with a signature of your principal or Human Resource Office, etc.).
Note: To be eligible for licensure upon completion of the program, applicants must have three years of actual teaching experience.
TESTING AND GPA REQUIREMENTS
- If your GPA is less than 3.0 on academic work from a previous degree, an official GRE score should be sent to Harding University.
- Provisional admittance for GPAs between 2.5 and 2.99 will be considered.
ADDITIONAL ADMISSIONS REQUIREMENTS
- An admission/advising interview will be conducted with the program director via phone, Zoom conferencing or face-to-face.
For GradCAS Application related questions:
For program related questions:
Office of Educational Leadership
1. Complete the 36-hour program of study, which includes four hours of internship.
2. Compile and present a professional portfolio over Arkansas and national accreditation standards.
3. Maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 in all graduate work with no grade lower than C.
4. You must complete all requirements within six years of admission to the graduate program.
5. Complete the Petition for Graduation pdf the semester before you expect to graduate.
6. Complete the Online Graduation Application.
The M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction consists of 36 hours, including 4 hours of internship. Please see the curriculum plans below for more information.
If you already have a valid educationally related master's degree, you may be interested in the CPA: Curriculum or CPA: Special Education endorsements. See our Endorsements for more info.
Please note: This program requires you to have a valid teaching license. It does NOT require you to take comprehensive exams before graduation but you will be expected to prepare and present a professional portfolio.
Academic Catalog and Course Schedule
The Meredith Susanne Floyd Scholarship is awarded to Harding University candidates in Graduate Education specifically in the area of Educational Leadership in Building Administration or Curriculum and Instruction. The $1,500 scholarship will be awarded each semester to one candidate seeking an administrative license. Contact the Educational Leadership office at email@example.com for an application and further information.
The Arkansas Department of Higher Education also offers tuition reimbursement for up to 6 graduate hours per year through the Teacher Opportunity Program (TOP).