Cannon-Clary College of Education
TAKE ADVANTAGE OF A FREE GRANT OPPORTUNITY
Harding University’s Cannon-Clary College of Education has been fully approved by the Division of Elementary and Secondary Education to offer Special Education Resource Teacher Academy grants free of charge! This grant will cover the cost of tuition, books, fees and one Praxis assessment #5354 registration for recipients.
Features of the program:
- Twelve-hour endorsement
- 100% online cohort model
- Synchronous and asynchronous graduate-level courses
This grant-funded, free Special Education Resource Endorsement is for you if:
- you currently have a standard Arkansas teaching license and are currently teaching one of the following in an Arkansas public school
- K-6 or 1-6
- 4-8 or 7-12 English Language Arts (ELA)
- 4-8 or 7-12 Mathematics
- 4-8 or 7-12 Science
- you are seeking an opportunity to teach your licensed content area to students with exceptionalities in an inclusive and/or resource setting
To add a Special Education Resource Endorsement to your license, you must provide documentation of Science of Reading (SOR) Phase 1 Prescribed Pathway for Awareness Credential. For more information visit this Division of Elementary and Secondary Education webpage.
For SPED RTA Grant questions call 501-279-5256 or email email@example.com.
"Make a difference in the lives of all students and increase your competency, confidence, and effectiveness as you teach." –Dr. Carol Douglass, Director of Special Education
APPLICATION COMPLETION INSTRUCTIONS
- Download, complete, sign and save this application.
- Email the completed, signed application to firstname.lastname@example.org
MATERIALS REQUIRED FOR FULL ADMISSION
- Completed, signed application
- One letter of reference
- Copy of Arkansas Educator’s License
- Official electronic transcripts showing all college work—undergraduate and graduate (Transcripts should be sent directly from the institution(s) of higher education to Harding University’s Graduate Studies in Education Office at email@example.com.)
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher, 3.0 on the last 60 hours or an earned Master’s degree for unconditional acceptance (cumulative GPA of 2.35 or GPA of 2.75 on the last 60 hours for provisional acceptance)
This program uses a fully-online cohort model and includes synchronous and asynchronous graduate-level courses. For your convenience, you may download a schedule (pdf format).
If you are interested in degree programs that can include this endorsement or in any of our other programs, please contact:
GRADUATE STUDIES IN EDUCATION
Searcy, AR 72149