Cannon-Clary College of Education
Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction
WHAT IS THE MASTER OF EDUCATION IN CURRICULUM AND INSTRUCTION?
The M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction will grant you Curriculum Program Administrator licensure in either Curriculum or Special Education. If you want to be a part of curriculum development for the district or a special education supervisor, the M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction is for you!
Admission Requirements & Part B Checklist
1. Complete the 36-hour program of study, which includes four hours of internship.
2. Compile and present a professional portfolio over Arkansas and national accreditation standards.
3. Maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 in all graduate work with no grade lower than C.
4. You must complete all requirements within six years of admission to the graduate program.
5. Complete the Petition for Graduation pdf the semester before you expect to graduate.
6. Complete the Online Graduation Application.
The M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction consists of 36 hours, including 4 hours of internship. Please see the curriculum plans below for more information.
If you already have a valid educationally related master's degree, you may be interested in the CPA: Curriculum or CPA: Special Education endorsements. See our Endorsements for more info.
Please note: This program requires you to have a valid teaching license. It does NOT require you to take comprehensive exams before graduation but you will be expected to prepare and present a professional portfolio.
Academic Catalog and Course Schedule
The Meredith Susanne Floyd Scholarship is awarded to Harding University candidates in Graduate Education specifically in the area of Educational Leadership in Building Administration or Curriculum and Instruction. The $1,500 scholarship will be awarded each semester to one candidate seeking an administrative license. Contact the Educational Leadership office at email@example.com for an application and further information.
The Arkansas Department of Higher Education also offers tuition reimbursement for up to 6 graduate hours per year through the Teacher Opportunity Program (TOP).