Cannon-Clary College of Education
Master of Education - Reading with Dyslexia Endorsement
What is the Master of Education - Reading with Dyslexia Endorsement program?
Whether you are a classroom practictioner or are serving in a literacy supervisory position, the M.Ed. Reading with Dyslexia Endorsement is a rigorous and intensive program designed to provide you with advanced knowledge in teaching the science of reading and writing. The program takes a comprehensive literacy approach to the teaching of literacy and the establishment of highly effective literacy practice based on current research and best practices.
What courses are required?
The M.Ed. Reading with Dyslexia Endorsement program consists of 35 hours. Please see the curriculum plan for more information.
For current course schedules, please see the Semester Course Schedules on the Graduate Programs home page.
Please note: This program requires you to have a valid teaching license. It also requires you to take comprehensive exams before graduation.
For additional information about this program, you may want to consult the Catalog.
What are the admission requirements?
1. Complete application pdf with application fee.
2. You must hold a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution with a cumulative GPA of 2.50 or higher or 2.75 on the last 60 hours. Official transcript(s) must be submitted.
3. You must hold and present a valid teaching license at the time of application or must have completed all Praxis exams for licensure.
4. You must provide references from three individuals concerning your professional and academic performance.
What are the graduation requirements?
1. You must complete the 35-hour program of study.
2. You must have a cumulative GPA of 3.00 in all graduate work with no grade lower than C.
3. You may have a maximum of two C's.
4. You must complete a minimum of 29 hours of your graduate work with Harding University.
5. You must complete all requirements within eight years from the time of admission to the graduate program.
6. Complete the Petition for Graduation pdf the semester before you graduate.
Who do I contact for more information?
As always, if you have any questions, please feel free to contact us!
Dr. Wendy Ellis, Director of Reading