Cannon-Clary College of Education
Master of Education Special Education K-12
What is the Master of Education Special Education K-12?
If you are a licensed teacher seeking Special Education K-12 licensure, the M.Ed. Special Education K-12 is for you! It is also possible to attain the Dyslexia Therapist Endorsement by adding two additional courses (see our Endorsements for more information).
What courses are required?
The M.Ed. in Special Education K-12 program of study consists of 35 hours. Please see the curriculum plan for more information.
For current course schedules, please see the Semester Course Schedules on the Graduate Programs home page.
Please note: Interns must complete the course work and pass comprehensive exams before graduation. In addition for licensure, a Praxis II exam is required by the Arkansas Department of Education.
For additional information about this program, you may want to consult the Catalog.
WHAT ARE THE ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS?
1. Complete application pdf with application fee.
2. You must hold a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution with a cumulative GPA of 2.50 or higher or 2.75 on the last 60 hours. Official transcript(s) must be submitted.
3. You must hold and present a valid teaching license at the time of application or must have completed all Praxis II exams for licensure.
4. You must provide references from three individuals concerning your professional and academic performance.
WHAT ARE THE GRADUATION REQUIREMENTS?
1. You must complete the 35-hour program of study.
2. You must have a cumulative GPA of 3.00 in all graduate work with no grade lower than C.
3. You may have a maximum of two C's.
4. You must complete a minimum of 29 hours of your graduate work with Harding University.
5. You must complete all requirements within eight years from the time of admission to the graduate program.
6. Complete the Petition for Graduation
Who do I contact for more information?
As always, if you have any questions, please feel free to contact us!
Dr. Carol Douglass, Director of Special Education