Cannon-Clary College of Education
Master of Education Special Education K-12
What is the Master of Education Special Education K-12?
If you are a licensed teacher seeking Special Education K-12 licensure, the M.Ed. Special Education K-12 is for you! It is also possible to attain the Dyslexia Therapist Endorsement by adding two additional courses (see our Endorsements for more information).
Admission Requirements & Part B Checklist
- Comprehensive exams are required during your last semester in the program.
- You must complete the 35-hour program of study.
- You must have a cumulative GPA of 3.00 in all graduate work with no grade lower than C.
- You may have a maximum of two C's.
- You must complete a minimum of 29 hours of your graduate work with Harding University.
- You must complete all requirements within eight years from the time of admission to the graduate program.
- Complete the Petition for Graduation pdf the semester before you graduate.
- Complete the Online Graduation Application.
The M.Ed. in Special Education K-12 program of study consists of 35 hours. Please see the curriculum plan for more information.
Please note: Interns must complete the course work and pass comprehensive exams before graduation. In addition for licensure, a Praxis II exam is required by the Arkansas Department of Education.