Cannon-Clary College of Education

  • studentaffairs_slider2018_3351.jpg

    M.S. in Student Affairs

    Support the physical, emotional, mental and spiritual well-being of college students!


This 35-hour non licensure program is designed to meet the needs of people currently working in higher education who desire to move into mid-level positions within the college or university. Harding’s Master of Science in student affairs will be taught from a Christian perspective. Any student with a bachelor’s degree in any field will be considered. 
Student affairs professionals are concerned with the physical, emotional, mental and spiritual well-being of the student and focus on providing support and services outside of the academic classroom to facilitate student success. 

Harding University’s program will use guidelines provided by the Council for the Advancement of Standards in Higher Education (CAS) and those recommended by NASPA, Student Affairs Administrators in Higher Education. 


Courses are offered at these locations:

Admission Requirements


  • Complete the online application.
  • Request official transcripts* be sent directly from previous institutions to
  • Request three letters of recommendation from persons who can attest to the applicant's professional or academic performance, including one related to professional ability in the degree area to which the student is applying.
  • Upload a resume.
  • Upload a copy of your Measles, Mumps and Rubella (MMR) immunization record.

*Note: Harding alumni and current students do not need to request Harding transcripts as they are on file.


  • Bachelor’s degree with a cumulative grade point average of 2.50 or more, or 2.75 on the last 60 hours attested by official transcript(s), or a master's degree attested by an official transcript.
  • Complete a personal interview with the Mental Health and Wellness faculty.


Students may transfer semester hours from other accredited graduate schools, subject to the approval of the chair of Mental Health and Wellness. Student Affairs students may transfer a maximum of 9 semester hours in which they have a grade of "B" or higher. All coursework to be transferred must be completed before a student's last semester.

Students who (1) speak English as a second language, and have (2) not previously completed an undergraduate degree from an accredited American college or university must meet a minimum score on a nationally recognized test of English language proficiency such as the TOEFL or IELTS. However, in lieu of these exams, professional programs in the health sciences may assess such students with an interview and/or a writing exam.

Minimum TOEFL scores acceptable for admission to the university are 550 (paper-based test), 213 (computer-based test), or 79 (Internet-based test). The minimum IELTS score is 6.0. Scores must not be older than two years prior to the date of application to the university. Please note that individual programs may have more stringent minimum requirements.


These requirements are common to all programs in education and are listed in the Cannon-Clary College of Education  section. Student Affairs students should refer to their student handbook for program requirements.


A student who does not fully meet the requirements listed above may receive provisional admission, with the approval of counseling faculty, if he or she:

Bachelor’s degree from an institution accredited by an agency nationally recognized by the U.S. Department of Education or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation with a cumulative grade point average below 2.50 but not less than 2.35, attested by official transcript(s).

Provisional status is removed when the student completes 12 graduate level hours with at least a 3.0 grade point average, six of which must be in the academic area of concentration.


Upon acceptance into the program, students must consult with the director of their program or assigned advisor concerning the required course of study, register for classes online through Campus Pipeline each semester, and complete financial registration with the Business Office online.

Leveling courses, if required, will not be included within the semester hour requirements for the Master of Science degree programs.

All requirements of the program must be completed within eight years from the time of acceptance into the program. Course work taken more than eight years before graduation will not be acceptable.

Admission to the Student Affairs Program does not guarantee retention.

At least one semester before the initial internship semester in the Student Affairs Program, requests for admission to field placement must be made by filing the required application forms with the director of field experiences in Student Affairs. Applications must be submitted by week 9 of the semester preceding field placement.

When to Apply

Please contact the Mental Health & Wellness Department at if you have questions about applying.

Academic Catalog

  • Loading...

Internships and Practicums


Want more info about our program?

Contact Us

Mental Health & Wellness is part of the College of Education


Fax: 501-279-5964

Mailing address:
Harding University
Department of Mental Health & Wellness
HU 12254
Searcy, AR 72149-5615