Cannon-Clary College of Education
The goal of the Lewis "Tony" Finley STEM Center for Math and Science Education is to meet the needs of P-12 math and science teachers through professional development, graduate classes, and hands-on training.
The center trains with materials that support mathematics and science education standards and provides network sessions for them to share their experiences. A wide range of math and science materials are available for checkout and classroom use. The Lewis "Tony" Finley STEM Center for Math & Science Education serves teachers by providing access to resources, materials and professional development.
Classes and Workshops
Some workshop topics include:
- Analysis of Standardized Test Results
- Current Math and Science Standards
- Curriculum Mapping and Alignment
- FOSS/DSM and GEMS kits
- GLOBE program
- Instructional Strategies & Content
- Instructional Technology
- K-12 Engineering
- Model Teaching
- Picture Book Science
- Other professional development to fit your needs
Materials Available to Check Out
Contact email@example.com for more information about cheeking out materials.
- Kits and manipulatives can be checked out for two weeks at a time.
- Only two manipulative sets and science kits may be checked out at a time.
Grant Programs Received
- STEM -- Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (Funded by Arkansas Science and Technology Authority, National Science Foundation, and Winthrop Rockefeller Foundation
- MSP - Mathematical Science Program
- MIS - Mathematics Instructional Specialist
- SIS - Science Instructional Specialist