Cannon-Clary College of Education
The Elementary Education program offered at Harding University certifies a candidate to teach kindergarten through sixth grades (K-6).
- At least 45 upper-level hours and 128 total hours are required for graduation.
- At least eight hours of textual Bible classes including BNEW 111 and 113 and BOLD 203 and 207 are also required.
- English course sequence of 113, 201 or 202, and 211 is required.
- ELED 410 is a prerequisite for ELED 411.
- EDFD 311 must be taken at Harding University.
- Students should take EDFD 202 and 203 during their freshman year but no later than the junior year.
- Students should apply for admission to the Teacher Education Program as soon as they complete EDFD 202 and 203.
- Students should reserve either the fall or spring semester of the senior year for the block of courses accompanying student teaching.
Suggested Program for Elementary Education