Cannon-Clary College of Education
Middle Level Education
The Middle Level Education programs at Harding University prepares candidates to teach at the middle level with an emphasis in teaching English, Language Arts, Social Science, Math, and Science.
- At least 45 upper-level hours and 128 total hours are required for graduation.
- At least eight hours of textual Bible classes including BNEW 1010 and 1030 and BOLD 2010 and 2030 are also required.
- English course sequence of 1130, 2010 or 2020, and 2110 is required.
- EDFD 3110 must be taken at Harding University.
- Students should take EDFD 2020 and 2030 during their freshman year but no later than the junior year.
- Students should apply for admission to the Teacher Education Program as soon as they complete EDFD 2020 and 2030.
Students should reserve either the fall or spring semester of the senior year for the block of courses accompanying student teaching.
Programs for Middle Level Education