M.S. in Kinesiology & Sport Administration
Learn while working
This 100% online, 35-hour Master of Science in kinesiology and sport administration is designed to help further the careers of current professionals in the areas of physical education, coaching and sport–especially teachers and coaches–while they work full time.
- Take majority of courses in the summer
- Complete a capstone internship or thesis
- Open to both licensure and non-licensure students*
(*This program does not grant licensure)
Sport is much more than just playing a game: it is a powerful change agent that is evident in our global society, both historically and socially.
This program will:
- Teach and foster best practices in physical education instruction
- Improve coaching by addressing advanced topics such as strategy, motivation, and psychology
- Provide training in sport administration and sport business
- Explore the spiritual aspects involved with kinesiology and sport
- Provide a research component in kinesiology and sport administration
- Become qualified to teach physical education and kinesiology courses at the junior college and college level with the program's 18 hours of graduate-level kinesiology courses
- Become a certified registered athletic administrator through the National Interscholastic Athletic Administrator Association (optional)
- Pursue AD positions with the program's significant Athletic and Sport Management component
HOW TO APPLY:
- Complete the GradCAS application* and submit the appropriate fee.
- Request official transcripts (required) from all colleges attended and have them sent to GradCAS.
- GradCAS Transcript Processing Center
PO Box 9217
Watertown, MA 02471
- To expedite a review of your application, you may upload unofficial transcripts.
- GradCAS Transcript Processing Center
- Request official results from one of the following tests and have them sent to Harding University.
- MAT, GRE, Praxis Subject Content or Praxis Principles of Learning and Teaching (PLT)
- Request three letters of recommendation be sent through the CAS recommender portal.
- Upload a resume in the Supporting Information tab.
*Harding alumni should apply using the designated alumni application for this degree.
GPA and TEST SCORE REQUIREMENTS
- Cumulative GPA 2.5 or 2.75 on your last 60 hours
- Applicants with less than a 2.50 GPA can appeal to the Kinesiology Graduate committee for provisional acceptance.
Students who (1) speak English as a second language, and have (2) not previously completed an undergraduate degree from an accredited American college or university must meet a minimum score on a nationally recognized test of English language proficiency such as the TOEFL or IELTS. However, in lieu of these exams, professional programs in the health sciences may assess such students with an interview and/or a writing exam.
Minimum TOEFL scores acceptable for admission to the university are 550 (paper-based test), 213 (computer-based test), or 79 (Internet-based test). The minimum IELTS score is 6.0. Scores must not be older than two years prior to the date of application to the university. Please note that individual programs may have more stringent minimum requirements.
GradCAS Application related questions:
Program related questions:
When to Apply
Admission is rolling.
Fall 2020: Apply by August 10
At the end of the program, each student will have the opportunity to complete a 235 hour internship or write a master’s thesis. Both of these opportunities are designed to allow each student to showcase what they have learned in the master’s program. The thesis will allow for direct involvement with the master’s faculty and the internship will be tailored to fit each student’s career goals.
Faculty for Master's Program
Stephen Burks, Ed.D.
Britney Finley, Ed.D.
Patrick McGaha, Ph.D
Jessica Moore, D.A.
J.D. Yingling, Ed.D.
Debbie Harrison, B.S.