Meal Plan FAQ

Chartwells is the food service provider for Harding University. Students will be notified via email when on-line meal plan selections are available. Full meal plan rates and information can be viewed at For other information, please view the frequently asked questions below. Still have a question? You can contact the Business Office for further assistance.

What are dining dollars?

Dining dollars work like a debit card, and funds are deposited into your account as part of your meal plan. They are designed to help you cover between meals or snacks at various retail locations on campus and guest meal purchases.

How does a meal exchange work?

The meal exchange option is perfect for when you want to switch it up from dining in The Food Range Food Hall. Meals can be exchanged for a combo at participating retail locations:Panda Express, Einstein Bros. Bagel, and Chick-fil-A.

How do I keep up with my balances?

Students may check balances at (Card center login is separate from your Harding username and password.) Students may also present your student ID to the Business Office for meal plan balances.

May I change meal plans?

Yes. You can make changes to your meal plan through your Pipeline account through September 4, 2023.

What if I run out of meal swipes during the semester?

Students can purchase additional dining dollars through your Pipeline account or the Business Office.

What if I do not use all of my dining dollars?

Your dining dollars balance will be carried forward from fall term to spring term and expire on the last day of spring term.

May I pay cash in The Range Food Hall or Student Center Food Court?

Yes. You will be charged sales tax if you pay cash rather than use your dining dollar account.

What are The Range Food Hall door rates?

Breakfast: $8.59

Lunch & Dinner: $10.29

What if I do not use all of my meal swipes?

You are actually purchasing the ability to enter The Range Food Hall a number of times. There is no refund for left over meal swipes and all swipes expire at the end of each term.

What if I have food allergies or a medical condition?

If you have a food allergy or are in need of dietary assistance please contact:

  • Director of Disability Services & Educational Access, Bridget Smith

What if I am sick?

Residents who are unable to make it to a dining area due to illness or injury may have another person pick up a meal for them. Please notify your RLC if this service is needed.

What if I drop school?

Cost of meal plans will be due for any billing week started with a prorated refund.

What if I move out of the residence hall?

Students must notify the Business Office when a meal plan is no longer needed. Cost of dining plans will be due for any billing week started with a prorated refund.

Will my meal plan auto renew for the spring term?

Yes, meal plans will auto renew for students with housing assignments that require a meal plan. Students must notify the Business Office of any meal plan change by Monday, January 22, 2024.

Contact Us

Business Office


Fax: 501-279-4078

Mailing address:
Harding University
Business Office
HU 10770
Searcy, AR 72149-5615

Office Hours: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Cashiers: 8:30 am – 4:30 pm