Applying for Admission
Before applying for transfer admission, it is a good idea to understand how your current credits will transfer and apply toward your desired degree program at Harding.
1. Complete Transfer Credit Evaluation - determine how your credits will transfer.
- Review your courses via the Transfer Equivalency System to determine how courses taken at the other regionally accredited institution(s) will transfer to Harding University.
- Transferology is another available tool to determine course equivalency. However, if you have detailed questions regarding course equivalency, you may request an Equivalency Evaluation.
Email request to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: “Prospective Transfer Student - Your Name”
- Name of institution(s)
- List of courses taken with course code and title
- Year courses were taken
3. Pay $50 Application Fee
- Credit Card or in-person or by calling 800-477-4407
- Check made payable to Harding University. In person or mail to
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
915 E. Market Ave.
Searcy, AR 72149-5615
- Or pay online through applyWeb (fee must be paid in order to submit electronic application)
4. Submit official transcripts from every institution the student has attempted coursework
Electronically via transcript service partnered with the previous institution(s). Contact the institution(s) to learn how to have transcript sent to Harding electronically. See if getmytranscript.com has partnered with the previous institution(s) to process online requests and electronic delivery of transcripts. Note: This is a fast tool to get your transcript to Harding if the previous institution(s) is partnered with the site, but not all schools are.
- By mail: sent directly from the previous institution(s) to Harding
- In person: brought by the student in a sealed, unopened envelope from the previous institution(s)
5. Housing — Pay enrollment fee and select housing preferences (deadline is May 1): Once you have decided to join the herd, commit by paying your $250 enrollment fee and select your housing preferences. Priority Commitment (deadline is Feb 1): Students that commit early pay a discounted Enrollment Fee of $150 (typically $250), are more likely receive their dorm of choice, and will have priority registration for Bison Bound (new student orientation).
- If student is 21 years old and has completed 105 hours or more, or older than 21 years old, they are not required to live on-campus.
- If student is 23 years old or older, they may not live in a dorm, however, apartments on campus are available.
- A student, regardless of age and hours, may seek approval for off-campus approved housing by contacting the Office of Student Life.
- Student may pursue Harding University rental options
Once all required documentation has been received, please allow 3-5 business days for Admissions Decision to be made. Required documentation includes: application, app fee, and transcript(s).