Women for Harding
Need-based Freshmen Scholarships
Application Deadline: May 1
Women for Harding is a group of women who raise money each year to provide freshmen, need-based scholarships to help make a Christian college education at Harding University possible for many students. It designates monies raised annually to provide scholarships for incoming freshmen, including Harding University faculty and staff children. Recipients must be enrolled at Harding to receive awarded funds.
Scholarships are made in varying sizes according to proven need. One half of the scholarship is given at the beginning of each semester. The student must remain in acceptable academic and social standing to receive the second semester funds. A 2.50 cumulative GPA is needed to receive second semester funds. Women for Harding is service oriented by nature so part of receiving this scholarship is taking time to give back. There are a number of events that students have the opportunity to be involved in throughout the year. Their participation will be taken into consideration when reapplying for this scholarship. Students receiving Arkansas Governor's or Harding Trustee scholarships cannot also receive this Scholarship.
- The following Scholarship Application filled out in its entirety.
- The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) must be submitted for consideration for this scholarship (even if you don't think you'll be eligible for Federal Student Aid). The scholarship amount will be based on proven financial need. Consideration is given to those students who do not qualify for Pell Grant but who still need financial assistance. You Can get a paper FAFSA from a high school counselor, or file the online FAFSA at www.fafsa.ed.gov. You will need to start this process at least two weeks before the May 1st deadline.
- A personal letter to the Women for Harding Scholarship Committee stating, in your own words, your need for this scholarship.
- Three (3) letters of recommendation must be submitted and are an integral part of the decision-making process. Each letter should identify the applicant and address his or her financial need and/or worthiness. The required letters are as follows:
- Letter from a church member or official.
- Letter from a high school teacher or official.
- Letter from an employer or family friend.
- One other letter may be sent from a family member or a member of Women for Harding (optional)
Sealed letters of recommendation should be sent directly to: Women for Harding Scholarship Committee Harding University Box 10768 Searcy, AR 72149-0001
- The applicant must meet all listed requirements by the deadline. If each requirement is not met, the application may not be considered. In addition, late applications may not be considered. A photo must be submitted with the application.
By the postmark deadline of May 1, be sure your recommendation letters(item 4) have been mailed, and submit this completed online Scholarship Application Form.
If you have a question regarding this scholarship, please contact Harding University's alumni office at 501-279-4276.
Scholarship Application Form (incoming freshmen)