Women for Harding
Need-based Scholarships for Continuing Students
Application Deadline: May 1
Women for Harding is a group of women who raise money each year to provide need-based scholarships to help make a Christian college education at Harding University possible for many students. It designates monies raised annually to provide scholarships for incoming freshmen, including Harding University faculty and staff children. Recipients must be enrolled at Harding to receive awarded funds.
Scholarships are made in varying sizes according to proven need. One half of the scholarship is given at the beginning of each semester. The student must remain in acceptable academic and social standing to receive the second semester funds. A 2.50 cumulative GPA needed to receive second semester funds. Women for Harding is service oriented by nature so part of receiving this scholarship is taking time to give back. There are a number of events that students have the opportunity to be involved throughout the year. Their participation will be taken into consideration when reapplying for this scholarship. Students receiving Arkansas Governor's or Harding Trustee scholarships cannot also receive this Scholarship.
- The following Scholarship Application filled out in its entirety.
- A personal letter to the Women for Harding Scholarship Committee stating, in your own words, what this scholarship has meant to you and your continued need for this scholarship.
- If you are not a current scholar, three (3) letters of recommendation must be submitted and are an integral part of the decision-making process. Each letter should identify the applicant and address his or her financial need and/or worthiness. The required letters are as follows:
- Letter from a Searcy area church member.
- Letter from a Harding faculty member.
- Letter from a social club or service organization sponsor or employer.
- One other letter may be sent from a family member or a member of Women for Harding (optional)
- The applicant must meet all listed requirements by the deadline. If each requirement is not met, the application may not be considered. In addition, late applications may not be considered.
By the postmark deadline of May 1, be sure your completed Scholarship Application Form and personal letter have been mailed to the address listed below.
Women for Harding Scholarship Committee Harding University Box 10768 Searcy, AR 72149-0001
If you have a question regarding this scholarship, please contact Harding University's alumni office at 501-279-4276.
Scholarship Application Form (continuing students)