Worship - This is a daily time when we can refocus on who God is, who we are and why we are on this earth.
Community building - In chapel, we have the ability to create new relationships and strengthen the student body as we worship and fellowship together.
Affirming the Harding identity - Chapel is one of the ways that we demonstrate to both the world and ourselves that faith in God remains at the center of all we do.
Chapel services are held in Benson Auditorium.
Because of the growing enrollment, we now have two chapel services each morning:
Mon-Fri : 9 a.m.
Mon-Fri : 10 a.m.
Enrolled students will be notified when chapel seat selection is available, or they may have their seat assigned by the Office of Student Life.
The Heartbeat of Harding: Dr. Bruce McLarty discusses the meaning of chapel
Chapel Schedule this week February 12 - February 16, 2018
February 12 -February 16, 2018
|Monday, February 12, 2018|
Program: Struggles of the Faith - Dr. & Mrs. Marty Spears
|Tuesday, February 13, 2018|
Program: Struggle of the Faith - Bode Teague
|Wednesday February 14, 2018|
Program: Struggles of the Faith - Lori Sloan
|Thursday February 15, 2018|
Program: Struggles of the Faitih - Alex Jamersion
Dr. Ann Brown - Director of the McNair Project
|Friday February 16, 2018|
Program: Struggles of the Faith - Haley Waldron
- Be on time.
- Students who are tardy will need to check with the appropriate chapel checker before walking quietly to their seat.
- Students who are more than 10 minutes late will be counted absent.
- Students are allowed 10 unexcused absences per semester, as well as five written excuses for illness. The written excuses must be turned in within seven days of the absence.
- After these absences, any other absence from chapel must have a Student Life dean's approval or a note from a medical professional.
- Sitting in someone else's seat is not allowed. Students must sit in their assigned seat or they will be counted absent.
- No food or drink is permitted in the auditorium.
- Men should remove caps during chapel.
- Laptops, cell phones and headphones may not be used during chapel.
- Appropriate respect for speakers and others is expected.