This is a daily time when we can refocus on who God is, who we are and why we are on this earth.
In chapel, we have the ability to create new relationships and strengthen the student body as we worship and fellowship together.
Affirming the Harding identity
Chapel is one of the ways that we demonstrate to both the world and ourselves that faith in God remains at the center of all we do.
The Heartbeat of Harding
- Be on time.
- Students who are tardy will need to check with the appropriate chapel checker before walking quietly to their seat.
- Students who are more than 10 minutes late will be counted absent.
- Students are allowed 15 absences per semester. These Absences include personal, health or emergency needs. Additional absences due to a chronic condition require documentation filed with the Office of Disability Services and Educational Access. Any absences beyond the allowed 15 are considered unexcused unless approved by a Student Life dean.
- Sitting in someone else's seat is not allowed. Students must sit in their assigned seat or they will be counted absent.
- No food or drink is permitted in the auditorium.
- Men are required to remove caps during chapel.
- Laptops, tablets, cell phones and headphones may not be used during chapel.
- Appropriate respect for speakers and others is expected.