Center for Drug and Health Information
As part of a faith-based and service-minded institution, our mission is to provide objective, unbiased, and evidence-based drug information delivered through the highest standards of Christian service to ensure the safe and cost-effective use of medications.
Located in the heart of central Arkansas on the campus of Harding University as part of the College of Pharmacy in the Henry and Grace Farrar Center for Health Sciences, our aim is to:
- Provide valuable drug and medical information to consumers with an emphasis on improving patients' medication-related health status, and to serve as an information resource for healthcare practitioners, preceptors and faculty.
- Train students in pharmacy and the allied health professions to develop skills and competency in the retrieval, interpretation and communication of drug information.
- Contribute to the advancement of drug and public health information through scholarly activities.
At no cost to those who contact the center, we are equipped to handle a vast array of questions pertaining to the safe and effective use of prescription and over-the-counter medications. Typical questions relate to the following categories:
- Drug availability
- Adverse drug reactions
- Drug interactions
- Dosing and administration
- Drug use in pregnancy and during breastfeeding
- Drug compatibility and stability
- Herbals/natural products
- Medication cost
- Drug identification