Maximum course loads (No exceptions)
- Intersession: 3 hours
- Four-Week May: 6 hours
- Summer I (June): 6 hours
- Summer II (July): 6 hours
- Summeer 1A, 1B, 2A or 2B: 3 hours
- Total Maximum: 16 hours
Find the full course schedule provided by the Registrar's Office. Students should not be registered for more than the equivalent of 3 hours if taking a 2-hour term, the equivalent of more than 6 hours within a 4-week term, the equivalent of 12 hours over a span of 8 weeks, and 15 hours over the span of 12 weeks.
Students who take a 2 or 3-hour Bible class in the summer may count that towards the 8-semester enrollment policy. Students who complete a 2 or 3-hour Bible class in 8 semesters are exempt from taking Bible. Please see the academic catalog for the full policy on Bible courses.
Dropping Summer Classes
Students may drop classes prior to the start date on Pipeline; however, you must notify the Registrar's Office at firstname.lastname@example.org to have all your classes dropped. You cannot drop all courses online.
Tuition for Intersession and Summer classes are the same as for fall and spring classes.
Housing and Dining
The Harding Univeristy dress code is in effect throughout the summer.
Class Meeting Times Guidelines
(all classes meet daily)
(2 weeks A & B)
(2 weeks A & B)
Note: 4 credit hour lecture classes in Summer I & II will add 35 minutes to the daily meeting time.
Note: 4 credit hour classes with a lab in Summer I & II will meet from 8:00-10:00 daily for lecture and 1:00-4:00 daily for lab or a similar combination over the 4 week session.
What Faculty Need to Know
NOTE: Confirmation is not accomplished online (Pipeline) for summer terms. Your cooperation is absolutely necessary in order to help confirm the registration of your students.
ALL CLASSES – DAY/NIGHT – ALL CAMPUSES
- For the first two days of class, teachers MUST take attendance. Nonattendees are to be reported on the second day after class to the registrar’s office at email@example.com. These students will be removed from your roster. Your cooperation is required and appreciated. Please copy to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For the first two days of class, teachers will encourage nonregistered students who are attending class to register. If an attending student is not registered by the beginning of the third class day, dismiss them from class and have the student complete registration at the Registrar’s Office. Do not allow any student to attend class on the third day or later without being properly registered.
- Students enrolled in online courses must access the course on Canvas or make contact with their teachers via email by the second day of class. Teachers should request an "echo" reply from their online students to verify their intention to engage the course. Non-replying students should be reported to email@example.com to be dropped from your rosters.
- Final exams will be given on the last day of the term. Please do not ask for exceptions. Contact the Registrar’s Office for last days to add/drop courses during any of the summer terms.
- Please make yourself available to your department for Bison Bound, but not at the expense of dismissing your class. Our primary responsibility is to our current students.
- ALL payroll questions should be addressed to Jake Brownfield at ext. 4335. Do not call payroll — they cannot help you.