International Student Services
Sino-ASI Chinese Office offers services to Chinese students regarding life, study and community engagement. Our mission is to ensure students feel supported, cared and encouraged while attending Harding University.
Find out the most up to date visa information.
- Consultancy of Application
- First Time Airport Pick-up
- Transportation for Shopping and Medical Visits
- Translation Mediation
- Weekly Newsletter
Special Opportunities and Activities
- Orientation Conference: Chinese Office holds an orientation conference every year to welcome new Chinese students, visiting scholars and their homestay families. The orientation helps students to successfully transition into a new country and environment in addition to bringing the community closer together.
- Fall and Spring Festivals: Moon Festival takes place in the Fall Semester where all kinds of different activities are offered to celebrate this traditional Chinese festival. Chinese Student Association will prepare mooncakes, and organize raffles and performances. Chinese New Year takes place in the Spring Semester and a formal dinner will be planned in addition to games, music, and dances. Red envelopes distribution has been one of the past activities to the students and children of families attending to display the Chinese Tradition.
- Host Families: Chinese students are paired with American host families to experience culture exchange such as pumpkin carving, Thanksgiving dinner, and an outdoor bar-b-q at a park as well as host families attending the Fall and Spring festivals.
- Chinese Student Association: The CSA consists of a president, a vice president, a treasurer, secretary, marketing and public relations elected by the Chinese student body in the beginning of each academic year. However, the president is nominated and chosen by the Chinese Office.
Meet our Staff
Director of China and East Asia Program (501) 279-5762
Chinese Student Life Program Assistant (501)279-5794