Let us help you
Interlibrary RequestsAllows faculty, staff and students to obtain materials not owned by Brackett Library. To make a request for an item from another library, use these links.
Interlibrary Loan (ILL)
1. Go to WorldCat, find the item needed, then use the "Request this item" button to order it.
2. Use the ILL button on items within our databases.
3. Use this form to request ILL renewals and to request items you cannot find on WorldCat or our databases.
(Note: There is a fee for students of $1.00 per loaned item and $0.10 per page for article or photocopy. Payment will be collected when material is picked up.)
Harding School of Theology (HST)
If you need a book from the graduate school in Memphis (HST), search for the book in the Brackett library catalog and click on "Make a Request" button to access the "Request from a Harding branch library."
To check on the status of your interlibrary requests, log on to your library account.
NOTE: Requests will take one working day to show up in your account.
Please consult our library policies information page on specific policies relating to Interlibrary Loan.
The following sites will assist you in formatting citations for your research project.
EasyBib - View a tutorial for EasyBib.
Note: EasyBib bibliography maker provides free generation of Works Cited lists in MLA format. There is a charge for other citation formats.
North Carolina State University Citation Builder
Note: MLA formatting is 7th edition. APA has been updated to 6th edition.
Zotero is an EXCELLENT, free service that allows users to store citations from databases and websites, and create bibliographies in a variety of citation styles. The service can either be downloaded to a personal device or accessed through an online account. Ask Brackett Librarians about getting started with Zotero.
APA Style Guides
Chicago/Turabian Style Guides
MLA Style Guides
Place Items on Course Reserve
We welcome teachers to bring us copies of books or articles to place on reserve for students to use and we insist that faculty follow current copyright standards and practices.
1. Completed Faculty Request for Course Reserves Form(s). Forms are available at the Circulation Desk or you may print your own copy.
2. One copy of your course syllabus / reading list
3. Written copyright permission(s), if required (see Brackett Library fair use guidelines for more info)
4. Items to be put on reserve
All reserves are processed in the order in which they are received. Normal processing is 2 business days. Since many requests are received in the first weeks of each semester, please submit your request as early as possible to avoid delays. You will be notified when your requests are available. Please do not assign readings prior to notification.
Students can find the call number for any reserve item by following the Course Reserves link on the Brackett Library home page and searching by department, professor or course number.
Brackett Library Fair Use Guidelines
- Articles previously on reserve cannot be placed on reserve for a second semester unless permission from the publisher is obtained. The distribution of photocopied material may occur only once without seeking permission from the publisher. For subsequent use, written permission must be on file with Brackett Library.
- Materials must include a complete bibliographic citation on the first page of the photocopy.
- The amount of material photocopied should be reasonable in relation to the work as a whole. (One chapter from a book, one article from a journal or newspaper issue, etc.)
- Access to materials on the reserve list will be limited to the dates during which the course is being taught.
Materials that Brackett Library will put on Course Reserve:
- Items owned by Brackett Library or the Instructor (Books, DVDs, Kits, Videos, etc.)
- Instructor prepared materials (class notes, syllabi, etc.)
- Fair Use Photocopies for one semester
- Photocopies with written copyright permission from the publisher/owner
- Former student’s work with written permission from the author
Materials that Brackett Library will not put on Course Reserve:
- “Fair Use” Photocopies that have already been on reserve for one semester and do not have written permission from the publisher/owner on file at Brackett Library
- Items that are available for students to purchase (textbooks, notepacks, workbooks, etc.)
- Items borrowed from the HST library.
- Items borrowed through Interlibrary Loan.
Will place materials on reserve at the request of the instructor for the educational use of students.
Will limit access of online reserves to Harding University faculty, students and staff.
Will remove access to reserve material after the class has ended.
Will be responsible for compliance with U.S. Copyright Law.
Will obtain written permission from the copyright owners when necessary.
Will provide clean photocopies and/or citations for material to be placed on reserve.
Will use the same title on the reserve form as on the syllabus.
Printable Request Forms
Use these forms for books, dvds, audiobooks,kits, videos, and/or software.
Use these forms for articles, book chapters, pamphlets, student papers, and/or other items to be placed on e-reserve.
What are you trying to renew?
Brackett owned items?
To renew items, please sign in to My Library Account using your H# and last name. A list of items you have checked out will then display. Select the item(s) you wish to renew and then click the "Request Renewal" button. When the screen refreshes, you will either see a new due date listed in the due date column or an error note will display on your screen letting you know the item was unable to be renewed. If the item was NOT renewed, please either return the item to the library or call the Circulation desk at 279-4279. Staff can assist you with your questions regarding renewals.
Items borrowed from another library?
Requests for renewal or extension of the loan period may be made at any time before the due date. However, it is best to request the renewal at least 5 days before the due date since the lending library has to approve the request. All requests for renewal are subject to the approval of the lending library. If you have not received a renewal by the due date, please contact the Interlibrary Services office at 279-4238, to avoid overdue fees. When you receive a new due date, you will receive a notice by mail and your record on My Library Account will be updated.
Items borrowed through the ArkLink program?
To renew these items, please contact the ArkLink library from which you borrowed the items. Brackett Library cannot renew these items on your behalf.
Set Up Classroom Instruction
Brackett Library offers research instruction services to assist Harding faculty and students.
To schedule the use of the library lab, contact the Instruction Librarian at 501-279-4185. Please notify the library in advance if you plan to bring a class to the library for a day of research.
We value your input as we seek to improve our instruction services.
If you are a student and recently attended a class or workshop, please fill out the Student Evaluation Form.
If you are a faculty member who scheduled a meeting with a librarian, please fill out the Faculty Evaluation Form.
Searcy, AR 72149-5615
Administrative Offices: 501-279-4354
Information Desk: 501-279-4775
Circulation Desk: 501-279-4279
Interlibrary Loans: 501-279-4238
Text a Librarian: 501-203-9611