Accreditations and Program Approvals
- Harding University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (www.hlcommission.org; 312-263-0456, 800-621-7440).
- Harding also maintains specialized accreditation for its programs as appropriate to its educational purposes and has more than 50 degrees/majors offered by colleges, departments, and programs that have specialized accreditation. These programs all benefit from the rigorous program review requirements in the accreditation process which are based on national standardized outcomes.
- Harding’s Quality Initiative Project (2011-2013) pdf, which is the first part of the reaffirmation process scheduled for 2015, was based upon the Lumina Degree Qualifications Profile and is available here.
- The athletic training program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (2007).
- The Paul R. Carter College of Business Administration is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (1992, 2011).
- The graduate and undergraduate teacher education programs are accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (formerly the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education) (1961, 2008).
- Computer engineering (2005, 2014), electrical engineering (2007, 2014) and mechanical engineering (2007, 2014) programs are accredited by ABET.
- The interior design program at Harding University is accredited by CIDA, the Council for Interior Design Accreditation, 206 Grandville Avenue, Suite 350, Grand Rapids, MI 49503-4014, firstname.lastname@example.org, 616-458-0400 (2009).
- The department of music is accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music (1983, 2003).
- The didactic program in nutrition dietetics (DPD) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND), the accrediting agency for the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, 102 South Riverside Plaza, Suite 2000, Chicago, IL 60606-6995, 800/877-1600 ext. 5400 (2002, 2012).
- The Carr College of Nursing has continuing accreditation by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) 3343 Peachtree Road, NE, Suite 850, Atlanta, GA 30326, 404-975-5000 (1980, 2012); and is approved by the Arkansas State Board of Nursing (ASBN) University Tower Building, 1123 South University Ave., Suite 800, Little Rock, AR 72204-1619, 501-686-2700 (1977, 2009).
- The doctor of pharmacy program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education, 135 South LaSalle Street, Suite 4100, Chicago, IL 60503, 312/664-3575; FAX 312/664-4652, web site www.acpe-accredit.org (2012, 2014).
- The doctor of physical therapy program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE), 1111 North Fairfax Street, Alexandria, VA 22314; 703/706-3245, email@example.com; www.capteonline.org (2014).
- The Accreditation Review Commission for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA) has granted Accreditation-Continued status to the Harding University Physician Assistant Program sponsored by Harding University. Accreditation-Continued is an accreditation status granted when a currently accredited program is in compliance with the ARC-PA Standards.
Accreditation remains in effect until the program closes or withdraws from the accreditation process or until accreditation is withdrawn for failure to comply with the Standards. The approximate date for the next validation review of the program by the ARC-PA will be September 2021. The review date is contingent up on continue compliance with the Accreditation Standards and ARC-PA policy. (2005, 2014).
- The social work program is accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (1978, 2009).
- The master’s program (M.S.) in speech-language pathology at Harding University is accredited by the Council on Academic Accreditation in Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology (CAA) of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA) 2200 Research Boulevard # 310, Rockville, MD 20850, (telephone 800-498-2071 or 301-296-5700). (2012).
- The department of family and consumer sciences is approved by the National Council on Family Relations (2005).
- Harding is also a member of the American Council on Education and the American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education.
- Harding University is authorized by the Tennessee Higher Education Commission (THEC). This authorization must be renewed each year and is based on an evaluation by minimum standards concerning quality of education, ethical business practices, health and safety, and fiscal responsibility. For grievances by students enrolled at the Mid-South Professional Center that are not resolved at Harding, please contact THEC at (615)732-7495.
- Harding School of Theology is accredited by the Commission on Accrediting of the Association of Theological Schools in the United States and Canada, and the following degree programs are approved: Master of Divinity, Master of Arts in Counseling, Master of Arts in Christian Ministry, Master of Arts, Doctor of Ministry. The Commission on Accrediting of the Association of Theological Schools in the United States and Canada, 10 Summit Park Drive, Pittsburgh, PA 15275, 412/788-6505 (1997, 2008).
*The first date listed recognizes the first year of accreditation. The second date recognizes the most recent accreditation.