Department of Public Safety
In the fall of 2008, the Parking Services Office also assumed responsibility for the University’s fleet vehicles. “Transportation” was added to the official title, and the office is now known as the Office of Parking and Transportation. Any campus department or organization wishing to utilize university transportation may make reservations through the Parking and Transportation Office.
Fleet Vehicle Usage Requirements
- Fleet Vehicles are available for all departments and University sanctioned organizations, usually identified by a valid University expense account.
- Drivers must complete the online Driver Training.
- Fleet drivers must submit a Driver Questionnaire, Driver Information & Release Form to the Parking & Transportation Office.
- Drivers of the fleet buses must have an Arkansas CDL with the proper endorsements and have documented the license with the Parking & Transportation Office.
Procedure for Fleet Vehicle Use
- Download the Vehicle Request Form and return the completed form by email to the Parking & Transportation Office.
- Vehicles are reserved on a first-come, first-served basis. Actual vehicle assignment is generally determined by distance traveled.
- Keys may be picked up at the Public Safety Office.
- Immediately after return, the keys and completed Travel Log must be returned to Public Safety after the vehicle is refueled and cleaned.
Vehicle Usage Fees
- The daily rental rate for vans is $15.
- The daily rental rate for buses is $35.
- Departments are responsible for all fuel expenses.
- Failure to refuel a vehicle may result in an additional $25 charge.
- Failure to cancel a reservation in a timely manner will result in usage fees being charged to the user.
Transportation Request Form (Online)
Driver Training (online)
Trip Calculator (Excel)
Bus Load Plans (PDF)
Van Load Plan (PDF)