Harding University in Searcy, Arkansas offers various swimming lessons and classes for the community. Our classes serve everyone, from ages 9 months in the "Mom and Me" class to age 99 in the "Water Exercise for Adult Women" class. Several of our programs are offered year-round.
Swimming is a great form of aerobic exercise and is important for personal water safety. Check out a variety of programs offered and find the right fit for your schedule and goals.
Group swimming lessons
$65 per session for one child and $10 multi-child or multi-session discount
Summer Session June 5-15 9:45 & 10:30
June 19-29 9:45 & 10:30
July 10-20 9:45 & 10:30
Advanced swimming instruction is offered by joining the entry level of the CATS competitive swimming program.
Mom & Me
$35 per session (4 classes during each two-week session)
Tuesdays & Thursdays 5:15 - 5:45 pm
- June 7-16
- June 21-30
- July 12-21
Offered on demand when pool time is available.
Four 30-minute lessons for $90 for one child or $120 for two children
Weeks when plenty of pool time is available: May 15-19, May 22-26, May 30-June 2; July 1-5; and Tuesday & Thursday from 11:15-12:15 June 5-29 & July 10-20
E-mail email@example.com to set up days and times for lessons.
To register for any of our classes, please print the following form and mail it in with your check made out to Harding University.
Registration form - mail to:
Searcy, AR 72149-5615
"CATS" Competitive Swimming
The Crawfish Aquatic Team of Searcy offers a summer league swimming experience for swimmers 6 years & older. Participants will learn competitive swimming skills and improve their overall fitness. Swim meets will be offered at various times during the year.
January 9-March 2 — $80 ($10 multi-child discount)
Practice schedule: 3:30-4:30 – Boys MWF; Girls TRF
March 13-May 25 — $100 ($10 multi-child discount)
Practice schedule: 3:30-4:30 — Boyd MWF; Girls TRF
Water Exercise for Adult Women
Summer schedule for women’s water exercise classes (late May through August):
- Beginning the day after Memorial Day through the beginning of the Fall semester
- Early classes: Mondays, Wednesdays & Fridays at 6:30 am
- Daily classes begin at 7:30 am
- Late Class: 7:30-8:30 Monday through Friday
September to December & January to April:
- Early Class: 6:30-7:30 on Mondays, Wednesdays & Fridays
- Water walking, lap swimming, etc. from 7:30-8:30 on Mondays, Wednesdays & Fridays
- Late Class: 8:30-9:30 on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays & Fridays
- You have the option of paying by the season or month.
- If you choose to pay by the season, there is a 10% discount - $90 for four months.
- By the month, the same $25 per month fee will be charged as before.
- All payments should be received prior to the month or season of participation.
- Guests may pay $3 per day to participate.
- Make checks payable to Harding University with Water Exercise in the memo field.
- All participants will be required to sign a waiver and release form and a form that lists the rules and procedures for participation.
Contact Sheron Ward at 501-658-3546
All of our programs are offered at the Harding pool in the Ganus Athletic Center. Enter the University at the Beebe-Capps entrance on Burks Blvd. and take the second right. The pool is in the southeast corner of the building next to a circle driveway. Enter directly into the pool area through the double black doors under a covered area. If you enter from another entrance to the Ganus Athletic Center, find the men's or women's locker rooms in the middle hallway and go all the way through to the back of the locker room to the door to the pool.