Worship - This is a daily time when we can refocus on who God is, who we are and why we are on this earth.
Community building - In chapel, we have the ability to create new relationships and strengthen the student body as we worship and fellowship together.
Affirming the Harding identity - Chapel is one of the ways that we demonstrate to both the world and ourselves that faith in God remains at the center of all we do.
Chapel services are held in Benson Auditorium.
Because of the growing enrollment, we now have two chapel services each morning:
Mon-Fri : 9 a.m.
Mon-Fri : 10 a.m.
Enrolled students will be notified when chapel seat selection is available, or they may have their seat assigned by the Office of Student Life.
The Heartbeat of Harding: Dr. Bruce McLarty discusses the meaning of chapel
April 27-May 1, 2015
Monday,April 27, 2015
Devotional/Summer Missions Send-off
Tuesday, April 28, 2015
Devotional/S.A. Passing the Gavel
Wednesday, April 29, 2015
Devotional/Retiring Faculty Member
Thursday, April 30, 2015
Devotional/Alpha Chi Distinguished Speaker
Friday, May 1, 2015
Devotional/Salute to Seniors
- Be on time.
- Students who are tardy will need to check with the appropriate chapel checker before walking quietly to their seat.
- Students who are more than 10 minutes late will be counted absent.
- Students are allowed 10 unexcused absences per semester, as well as five written excuses for illness. The written excuses must be turned in within seven days of the absence.
- After these absences, any other absence from chapel must have a Student Life dean's approval or a note from a medical professional.
- Sitting in someone else's seat is not allowed. Students must sit in their assigned seat or they will be counted absent.
- No food or drink is permitted in the auditorium.
- Men should remove caps during chapel.
- Laptops, cell phones and headphones may not be used during chapel.
- Appropriate respect for speakers and others is expected.