The mission of the Computer Science Department is to:
- Prepare students for participation in all phases of software development;
- Provide a foundation of fundamental concepts which will accommodate emerging technologies;
- Promote the university's overall mission of integrating faith, learning and living.
The CS Department is in the College of Sciences. We offer degrees in Computer Science and Software Development which prepare students for placement in the following positions:
- Software Engineer
- Computer Systems Analyst
- Database Programmer/Administrator
- Network Engineer
- Web Developer
- Graduate studies in Computer Science
- Congratulations to the Harding Programming Team (Herson Alfaro, Barrett Montgomery, and Justin Nesselrotte) who competed in a regional competition in Fort Smith, AR on November 2, 2013. They finished first among the 14 Arkansas teams and 16th among the total 140 teams!
- This spring the department graduated 9 Comp Sci and 7 Soft Dev majors.
- The Locomotion team lead by Gary Torres is this year's software capstone course winners! Congratulations to Fire & Ice who placed first in the AI competition.