Future Students Parents & Family Alumni & Friends Students & Employees
Admissions & Aid Academics Spiritual Life International Athletics Quick Links


Teresa McLeodFrom the Director of Disability Services

If you are in need of accommodations due to a documented learning, physical, or psychological disability, it is my desire to make sure that you get the support you need in order to access your whole potential at Harding University. I am the liaison between you and your professors, as needed. My goal is to “level the playing-field” for you in your courses, so that you have the opportunity to be successful in your college career.

The first step in accessing academic accommodations is to self-identify at the beginning of the semester by coming by Room 205 in the Student Center, or giving me a call at 501-279-4019 to schedule an appointment to fill out the necessary disability paperwork.

Next, you will need to provide documentation for your disability from your doctor, psychologist, or high school psychological examiner according to ADA Guidelines in order to justify the accommodations you are requesting. (Reasonable accommodations are based on your documentation.)

Then, you will give your professors an accommodation letter that will provide necessary information to help you. (This will only be information about your accommodations, not your documentation.) Documentation is confidential and will be stored in a secure place in the Disability Office.

I’m so glad that you are here! It is my goal to support you academically and personally in any way that I can, as well as, refer you to other support programs on campus to assist you in earning your degree.

God Bless you,

Teresa McLeod


More resources

Navigating Online College Courses for Students with Learning Disabilities

Scholarships for students with disabilities pdf

Disability Services
Harding University
Box 12268
Searcy, AR 72149-2268

Room 205 Student Center

Phone: 501-279-4019
Fax: 501-279-5702