The mission of the baccalaureate social work program at Harding University is to prepare students who are: competent, effective and ethical generalist social workers committed to improving the well-being of others; and who exhibit Christian ideals through academic excellence, personal integrity, compassionate service, and respect for human diversity.
- To uphold and support the purposes and objectives of Harding University, developing cooperative relationships between professional and liberal arts education.
- To prepare students for beginning level professional generalist practice with individuals, families, groups, communities, and organizations.
- To prepare students for life-long professional development including preparation for graduate study.
- To prepare students to be competent professionals who respect and appreciate social and cultural diversity, have concern for the effects of oppression, and recognize the strengths and the role that diversity plays in helping professionals.
- To prepare students to work with populations at risk who are served directly and indirectly by the public sector.