Carr College of Nursing
Welcome to Harding University's Carr College of Nursing. The nursing program, founded in 1975, holds a legacy of preparing quality nurses. Our graduates are in demand. They work not only in Arkansas, but throughout the United States and the world.
Our uniqueness will interest the person who likes a challenging and exciting profession and endless career opportunities. Among these unique features are:
- Our mission-"Developing Nurses as Christian Servants."
- A Christian heritage which permeates class and clinical instruction.
- Close teacher-student relationships and mentoring.
- A variety of clinical experiences including wellness and health promotion.
- Admission tracks which meet different learner needs.
- A Health Care Missions Program with local as well as international experiences.
For more information, see the contact info listed below. Let us know how we may serve you.
We hope that you will choose the Harding Experience for your nursing preparation.
Developing Nurses as Christian Servants
The Harding University Carr College of Nursing (HCCN) fosters a supportive environment, which challenges professional nursing students to reach their full potential. The Carr College of Nursing's mission is to provide a quality education, which leads to an understanding and philosophy of life consistent with Christian ideals. This involves the following goals:
- The preparation of nurses who provide nursing care reflective of their faith and Christian service and who value lifelong intellectual growth.
- The encouragement of practice-oriented critical thinking which acknowledges dependence on God and is built upon a liberal arts foundation.
- The development of a commitment to Christian values, ethics, intellectual excellence, and undergraduate and graduate standards of professional nursing practice.
- The promotion of supportive personal and professional relationships.
- The promotion of lifelong health habits that contribute to a better quality of life physically, spiritually, psychologically, and socially.
- The emphasis of a servant-leadership lifestyle which prepares graduates who have a respect for cultures and an understanding of world missions.
Alumni - Let us hear from you!
We would love to hear from our graduates!
Please complete this form to let us know what you have done after graduation.
Programs Outcome Data
Percentage of students who completed program:
|2011 - 2012||93.48%|
|2012 - 2013||79.07%|
|2013 - 2014||72.88%|
NCLEX - RN Pass Rates:
|2011 - 2012||86.36%|
|2012 - 2013||91.67%|
|2013 - 2014||95.35%|