Harding College Arch

Students’ Perspective on the move to Searcy

Read more from the students’ perspective about the announcement to move to Searcy, the new girls’ dorm with a veranda — known today as Pattie Cobb Hall— and President J.N. Armstrong in the May 25, 1934, issue of The Bison Newspaper.

May 1934 Bison Newspaper
Go back to the beginning of Harding in Searcy through alumna Ruby Davis Anderson Williams’ memoirs in the Harding Magazine — “The Answer to a Dream.”
“Our new college plant is one of the largest and most beautiful in the state and is, we believe, the best equipped for the size of its student body.” Read more about the original buildings in the July 1934 Harding Bulletin.