Cannon-Clary College of Education
Tuition for the 2022-2023 school year remains at a reduced rate!Expand your role as an educator
Prepare for next steps with a leadership degree or an endorsement through one of Harding's K-12 administration programs, along with successful completion of the School Leaders Licensure Assessment (SLLA) and three years of educator experience. Let Harding University assist you in advancing your career!*
*These programs are for those who have or will seek Arkansas licensure.
- Master of Education in Curriculum & Instruction Administration
- Master of Education in Educational Leadership (Principal)
- Master of Education in Special Education Administration
- Curriculum & Instruction Administration Endorsement
- Principal Endorsement
- Special Education Administration Endorsement
**Note: Endorsements require a previous master’s degree. See the Endorsements Section for more information.
- Complete the online application.
- Request official transcripts* be sent directly from previous institutions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Request professional or academic recommendations from two individuals who can address the following:
1) Your potential for success in the selected graduate program
2) Your professional and academic background
- Request recommendation from the principal to specifically address the three areas below:
- Principal’s support for applicant’s participation in the program
- Statement that the applicant is performing at a level of an effective educator
- Statement or a list of examples of the applicant’s leadership abilities
- Upload a copy of your current educator license.
- Upload a copy of your Measles, Mumps and Rubella (MMR) immunization record.
- Upload a resume.
- Upload documentation of at least one year of licensed teaching experience (e.g., a copy of your signed teaching contract or a letter on official letterhead with a signature of your principal or Human Resource Office).
*Note: Harding alumni and current students do not need to request Harding transcripts as they are on file.
Additional Admission Requirements
- Provisional admittance for undergraduate cumulative GPAs between 2.5 and 2.99 will be considered.
- If your GPA is less than 3.0 on academic work from a previous degree, an official GRE score may be requested.
- An admission/advising interview will be conducted with the program director via phone, virtual conferencing or face-to-face.
- Provide documentation of Science of Reading Awareness (Phase I) as described by Prescribed Pathway Credentials. Those who have not completed this at admission must provide documentation of completion prior to finishing their program at Harding University.
Note: To be eligible for licensure upon completion of the program, applicants must have three years of licensed teaching experience.
Please direct questions to:
Office of Educational Leadership
1. Complete the 30-hour program of study, which includes four hours of internship.
2. Compile and present a professional portfolio over Arkansas and national accreditation standards. Upon completion of your portfolio defense, you will be required to take an Exit Survey.
3. Maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 in all graduate work with no grade lower than C (only six semester hours of C credit allowed).
4. Complete the Petition for Graduation the semester before you expect to graduate.
5. Complete the Online Graduation Application.
NOTE: You must complete all requirements within six years of admission to the graduate program.
Academic Catalog and Course Schedule
For current course schedules, please see the Semester Course Schedules on the Graduate Programs home page.
For additional information about this program, you may want to consult the Catalog.
Want more information about our programs?
Or contact us directly:
Educational Leadership Office
American Studies, Suite 100
Graduate Studies in Education is part of the College of Education
Graduate Studies in Education
Searcy, AR 72149-5615