Cannon-Clary College of Education
Tuition for the 2022-2023 school year remains at a reduced rate!
Whether you are a classroom practitioner or are serving in a literacy supervisory position, the M.Ed. Reading with Dyslexia Endorsement is a rigorous and intensive program designed to provide you with advanced knowledge in teaching the science of reading and writing. The program takes a comprehensive literacy approach to the teaching of literacy and the establishment of highly effective literacy practice based on current research and best practices.
- Complete the online application.
- Request official transcripts* be sent directly from previous institutions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Request professional/academic recommendations from three individuals.
- Upload a copy of your Measles, Mumps and Rubella (MMR) immunization record.
- Upload a copy of your current educator license (or provide passing scores from the appropriate Praxis exams).
*Note: Harding alumni and current students do not need to request Harding transcripts as they are on file.
Additional Admission Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree with a cumulative GPA of 3.0, 3.0 on the last 60 hours or a master's degree.
- Cumulative GPA for provisional admittance: 2.35 (must maintain a 3.0 on the first 12 hours of coursework).
- If GPA is less than 3.0, an official Graduate Record Examination (GRE) score should be sent to Harding University.
- Provide documentation of Science of Reading (SOR) Proficiency (Phase II) as described by Prescribed Pathway Credentials. Those who have not completed this at admission must provide documentation of completion prior to finishing their program at Harding.
Please direct questions to:
Department of Graduate Studies in Education
- Comprehensive exams are required during your last semester in the program.
- You must complete the 35-hour program of study.
- You must have a cumulative GPA of 3.00 in all graduate work with no grade lower than C.
- You may have a maximum of two C's.
- You must complete a minimum of 29 hours of your graduate work with Harding University.
- You must complete all requirements within eight years from the time of admission to the graduate program.
- Complete the Petition for Graduation the semester before you graduate.
- Complete the Online Graduation Application.