Cannon-Clary College of Education
  • This is a photo of a special education teacher doing a puzzle with students

    M.Ed. in Special Education K-12

    Serve and teach students of all ability levels!

Tuition for the 2021-2022 school year has been reduced more than 22%!

If you are a licensed teacher seeking Special Education K-12 licensure, the M.Ed. Special Education K-12 is for you! It is also possible to attain the Dyslexia Therapist Endorsement by adding two additional courses (see our Endorsements for more information).

Admission Requirements

Beginning Summer 2020, the Harding University College Education will use GradCAS - a common application.


  • Complete the CAS application and submit appropriate fee.
  • Request official transcripts (required) from all colleges attended and have them sent to GradCAS.
    • GradCAS Transcript Processing Center 
      PO Box 9217 
      Watertown, MA 02471
    • To expedite a review of your application, you may upload unofficial transcripts.
    • Note: An alumnus of Harding University does not need to request an HU transcript; records are on file. You can bypass this requirement in the Academic History quadrant.
  • Request three letters of recommendation be sent through the CAS recommender portal.
  • Upload a copy of your current educator license.
  • If your GPA is less than 3.00 on academic work from a previous degree, an official GRE score should be sent to Harding University.
  • Upload a copy of your Measles, Mumps and Rubella (MMR) record.
  • Upload a resume.


  • Cumulative GPA 3.0 or 3.0 on the last 60 hours
  • Cumulative GPA for provisional admittance: between 2.35 and 2.99 (must maintain a 3.0 on the first 12 hours of coursework)

For GradCAS application related questions: 

Phone: 857-304-2086 

For program related questions: 
Harding University 
Department of Graduate Studies in Education
Phone: 501-279-4315
Fax: 501-279-4083 

Graduation Requirements

  1. Comprehensive exams are required during your last semester in the program.

  2. You must complete the 35-hour program of study.

  3. You must have a cumulative GPA of 3.00 in all graduate work with no grade lower than C.

  4. You may have a maximum of two C's.

  5. You must complete a minimum of 29 hours of your graduate work with Harding University.

  6. You must complete all requirements within eight years from the time of admission to the graduate program.

  7. Complete the Petition for Graduation pdf the semester before you graduate.

  8. Complete the Online Graduation Application.

Curriculum Plan

The M.Ed. in Special Education K-12 program of study consists of 35 hours. Please see the curriculum plan for more information.

M.Ed. Special Education K-12 Curriculum Plan

Please note: Interns must complete the course work and pass comprehensive exams before graduation. In addition for licensure, a Praxis II exam is required by the Arkansas Department of Education.

Academic Catalog and Course Schedule

For current course schedules, please see the Semester Course Schedules on the Graduate Programs home page.

For additional information about this program, you may want to consult the Catalog.

Want more information about our programs?

Request Information

Or contact us directly:

Master of Education Special Education K-12

American Studies 207

Dr. Carol Douglass, Director of Special Education


Fax: 501-279-4083

Contact Us

Graduate Studies in Education is part of the College of Education


Fax: 501-279-4083

Mailing address:
Harding University
Graduate Studies in Education
Box 12261
Searcy, AR 72149-5615